Recent content by yakafluss

  1. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    My dad's surgery was 9/16. Today I saw him walk with the cane. It is the first time in almost a year that he hasn't used a walker! I was so excited.
  2. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Hi again, Things are moving along well. My dad has walked with a cane with his physical therapist. Of course there is a new hurdle to overcome. His live in caregiver is leaving on Friday. He has been able to get his compression socks on, but needs assistance getting them off. Any suggestions...
  3. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Thanks. I did find the Medicare info and he cannot go out for dinner. Doctors appointments are fine I have another question regarding sock aids and getting tension socks on. My dad seems to remember that the OT recommended Lubricating his sock aid with something but he can't remember what. Or...
  4. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Hi, Does anyone know Medicare rules? Can my dad go out of his apartment building (for dinner, etc.) or will that negate his Medicare home care. Right now he has a visiting nurse and PT coming 3 times a week. Thanks, Yaka
  5. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Thanks for the input. He moves around the apartment. He is able to shower by himself. But he never elevates his feet while he is sitting down and you have to keep reminding him to not cross his ankles. He gets angry at me for nagging. I will stop nagging and hope the PT person lets him know...
  6. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the support. I have a new struggle. How do I make my dad see that it is important to walk more than once a day. He hasn't had his home evaluation yet, but I do know that "motion is lotion" and he must walk at least a lap of his floor (he lives in an apartment...
  7. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Going home today!!!!
  8. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Hie red a caregiver. He is coming home Friday or Saturday. It wouldn't hurt to have another day of PT and OT. We are both nervous. Yaka
  9. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    My dad is three weeks post surgery. He is 85. He walks well with his walker, although he grips it for dear life. He told me tonight that he is afraid to try and walk without it because he has no balance. Is this in his head? Or is it just a matter of time. He leaves rehab Friday or Saturday. We...
  10. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Does anyone know where to buy this item? I saw it on this forum but I cannot find it anywhere. My dad is coming home on Saturday and larger bath benches do not fit in his tub. Bath shelf, enables you to sit on the end and then slide across into the bath Thanks for any info you can...
  11. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    This morning it is off to the surgeon for post-op visit. Staples to come out. Interested to hear what he has to say. Still checking references for caregivers should have someone in place by tonight. Apartment all set for his return. Area rugs up, new bed delivered. I still have a few more...
  12. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Hi again, Went to visit my father today and his leg has swollen down to his foot. Is this a result of his not elevating it enough? Yaka
  13. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Thank you, but I will check with the Social Worker. I am fairly sure that Medicare does not pay for full time, sleep in help. And that is what my father needs. Does anyone on the forum have a check list for of questions to ask a caregiver? Thanks, Yaka
  14. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Today dad seemed okay. He did his PT and OT today, but I have told him about all the suggestions here on the forum and he will try to remember to walk once around his floor every 1.5 hours or so. I think I will have to call and remind him, but I am happy to do it. I don't think he realizes...
  15. Y

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    Thank you all for your support and encourgement. I am really so lost in how his recuperation is supposed to progress. All the links that were sent to me were very helpful. He told me today that in PT that they tried to have him walk with a cane, but he did not have the coordination right yet...
Back
Top Bottom