Recent content by xyxex_kayn

  1. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Im a rural carrier between packages and medical dismount(customers) im in and out of vehicle alot would take alot of extra time to do that. And i have to keep to a schedule. Even though they know that im going to be slower in certain aspects of my job (loading truck and wslking the apartments)...
  2. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Survived my first day back to work as i figured walking around the apartments would be the hardest part of the day. Not because of knee pain, but because of shortness of breath. The part i wasnt expecting was how difficult getting in and out of my truck would be. There is alot of knee bending...
  3. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Today was my last day of physical therapy. Range of motion actually got worse in the last two weeks since the last measurement. But the physical therapist said not to worry about it, because i have been doing alot more the last two weeks to build up my strength. He says my mobility is more...
  4. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    yeah i know, the twenty pounds i gained doesnt help either lol, but today ane the three days of Physical therapy we are concentrating on excersises that help with stamina. but i expect it to take awhile to get back to where i was before the surgery, but it will still be without the pain that i...
  5. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Well I got approved for 6 more days of physical rehab. Have 4 more days to do, Friday, Monday Weds and Friday of next week and that's it. And I will start back to work finally on April 23, 2016, I'm looking forward to this day. Went today to see how well I could walk on part of my mail route...
  6. X

    TKR Three-year anniversary goal fulfilled

    congrats glad to hear of your success
  7. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Unless I get approved for more days of PT, today was my last day. Left knee measurements First day 109 flexion -5 extension Today 120 flexion -2 extension Right Knee Firsts day 109 flexion -15 extension Today 119 flexion -5 extension Because of my body size, I am heavy set, 120...
  8. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    I have been doing these exercises since the beginning just lower reps built up over time. and havent had a problem with pain till this past week. Only thing i can think of was because of the weather change we had or when doing the manual check of flexion and extension, the therapist used some...
  9. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    1. I would say about 97% of the time my pain lvl at most 1 (or less, some pain, but if I'm busy with something I forget about the pain. (this last week, I don't know if the weather or not, its been as high as 3, after 2 days in a row of PT) 2. I'm no longer taking the Percoset or the Oxycodone...
  10. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    My Pt is at 11am when I have it, and if I have issues I do ice and elevate. The foot issues don't start till the evening hours, and I elevate when it starts, I'll even go to bed to elevate and it will get worse, making it hard to sleep, and then the sharp pain will occur. But eventually sleep...
  11. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    I do have a question for the community to see if anyone else has this problem or not. I don't have the swelling in my legs and feet like I did right after the second surgery. But, I do have slight swelling because I can push on my lower legs and leave an impression in my leg. Most of the...
  12. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    I know how to use the cane i used it one day during the fifth week after the first surgery. Since it was the the left knee i used the cane in the right hand. That being said, i used the cane in the left hand since the newest surgery was on the right knee and it is my weakest knee. But, was...
  13. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    Finally after three months stuck in the house accept going to PT, this past friday thru monday. The wife and i went on a long four day travel trip to visit family and friends. Approximately, 550 mile of driving, dozens of stops for bathroom breaks (between me and the wife) and getting out to...
  14. X

    PKR partial knee replacement x2, swelling<<

    I dont know if it was the change in the weather, went from warm to cold overnight and had some snow on the way to PT, but my knees bothered me more today than they have been. I passed on doing 4 inch stair steps and the treadmill today, Have alittle bit more discomfort than i have been but not...
  15. X

    TKR Numbness and kneecap pain<<

    I have found for me i have a 55cm excersise ball, that i use to extend and bend my knee with. I find that it helps me to do both more effectively than some of the orther excersises.
Back
Top Bottom