Back on track - walked a mile Thursday, 1.5 miles Saturday and 2.3 miles Sunday with my Border Collie. Changed up the OxyContin for Narco on Thursday and PT Assessment today has me within one degree of straight, Bending 18 degrees past 90! Sleeping MUCH better And Much more comfortable even...
So I felt great until PT decided my pelvis was tilted - duh yeah I have been overusing the opposite side as the surgery - so they changed up my pt adding a lot of “action” movement and the knee has been on the warpath for the past 48 hours. They have corrected the change up but I’m not sure...
Reduced the icing some - stopped sleeping with the iceman running but still iced for up to 50 mins often during the day and night. Off narcotics for full 24 hours this weekend-after walking a mile with the border collie. Slept better than I have in weeks!Did take one for PT today. Feeling human...
Graduated from walker to cane yesterday. Slowly life is returning to normal but still needing Oxy a bit during the day and especially at night. Therapist says I’m icing too long at a time - more than 20 mins can be counter productive as fluid is moved to counter the cold? But so far pleased with...
Restarting PT or at least Eval tomorrow. Been able to add time between narcotics. Almost straight and flex to 90 all helps to feel human again 19 days post op.
Visit went well. Range of motion Exactly where two other knees done the same day were and they did not have the oozing complication and had regular PT where mine had to be halted. So I felt better/ darn it why do I see it as something I want to get over with ASAP instead of concentrating on my...
On the 12 day of recovery my replace the part gave me a good day- walked a half mile here in my little house and felt good. Mood was better. - yes I did more bubbles! On the scales - 10 pound loss since day of surgery! Not trying but nothing food wise sounds good. Slept a LOT during the day and...
Eleven days post and the blues were definitely creeping in yesterday on my 62nd birthday. But milady sent me a commercial grade bubble machine! My daughter for Father’s Day had given me a half gallon of great long-lasting bubble solution. Today I greeted the dawn for the Fourth of July with a...
I thought inactivity was stiffening the knee more but just took my second shower since surgery and it was soooo much more flexible and thus easier in and out of tub shower. Must be doing my gentle exercises lightly has been helping!
the hospital’s push app got me slightly off track again - it...
Day 8 and everything scheduled (nurse, Insta Cart groceries, service repairman,) arrived early to much earlier than scheduled. And I woke late so No elevation and icing really until after lunch but not much swelling. No more seepage and narcos are now twice as far apart as originally prescribed...
One week post. Blood oozing has stopped (so did pT see above)so a light day activity wise. Pain very well controlled and narcos are almost double spaced now with Tylenol. Elevation and icing machine has greatly reduced any swelling.
Incision is still intact seepage is from eliquis which I have to be on as I had a clot post arthroscope 2005. Took me off PT until I see him next week. As everyone said too much too soon. So elevate ice compression
Today has not been painful as much as uncomfortable. Left hip is spasming from over use so heat on it while icing flows to knee. Just can’t get comfortable. Perhaps it is concern over seepage - soaked bandage under the pressure seal with one break out drip that made my ankle. Pics to doc and he...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.