Recent content by WushuGuy

  1. WushuGuy

    THR DePuy Ceramax CoC & Dr. Jonathan Garino

    Three weeks and two days after surgery and my surgeon has removed all my restrictions. My incision is "99.9%" healed. Now I just need to get my strength back. While I don't have any restrictions, I'm going to take it slow so I don't injure myself. No roundhouse kicks for now and I'll probably...
  2. WushuGuy

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    Hi @ccarol, if you are interested in possibly doing TaiChi (with the approval of your surgeon, of course), I know most of the good teachers in Maryland and could give you some suggestions if you tell me the general area you live in. I've been doing TaiChi for 15 years and it is easy to start...
  3. WushuGuy

    THR DePuy Ceramax CoC & Dr. Jonathan Garino

    Wow @Readysetgo! It's incredible to me you had your hips done 2 months apart. Good luck! How is it going? I believe ART (Active Release Technology) really helped me get my muscles in shape for the THR. Because of my bone-on-bone pain and my favoring my painful hip, I had knots in my groin...
  4. WushuGuy

    THR DePuy Ceramax CoC & Dr. Jonathan Garino

    By all accounts, I have had an extremely successful hip replacement. As of this posting, it has been two weeks and two days since Dr. Jonathan Garino replaced my hip at Paoli Hospital in Pennsylvania. I have virtually no pain, the incision was glued, and I haven't had any complications. I am...
  5. WushuGuy

    Off label stem use????

    Josephine, Thank you so much for your response. What you say makes a lot of sense. If my surgeon normally uses the Corail stem (after doing a little more research since I spoke to him, I know he's been using the stem since 1998, he is one of 7 US surgeons on the surgical team that reviewed the...
  6. WushuGuy

    THR Ccarol's recovery

    Congratulations. I'm going in for LTHR in a few weeks. I've done a lot of research (my wife and kids claim I'm a "little" OCD) but I think it just comes with the territory being an engineer and an attorney. Anyway, the clinical studies show a slight improvement in anterior vs. posterior approach...
  7. WushuGuy

    Off label stem use????

    I am looking at having a ceramic-on-ceramic (CoC) system for my left hip... the DePuy 36mm Ceramic Total Hip System. When I was talking to the surgeon regarding different options that were available, I mentioned I would like to receive a ceramic-on-ceramic (CoC) system and he mentioned he...
  8. WushuGuy

    Bilateral THR Howdy - Doing the Double

    Hi Double Hipster, I would love to know how you are doing. I am new to this site but I am going to talk to Dr. Garino tomorrow (first meeting). I was wondering what type of implant you have. My left hip is bone on bone and I know I need the hip replacement. I am 60 but fairly active. I am...
Back
Top Bottom