Recent content by wlpitcher

  1. wlpitcher

    Bilateral TKR When did you get off pain meds?

    Twelve week update. I've been at 1 1/2 Tramadol (25mg.) per day for two weeks now (plus 650mg. tyamadol), one every 7 hours at 8am, 3pm and 10pm +/-. Seem to be stuck here. If I extend past 9 hours my knees feel tight, heavy and ache. I've tried stretching which sometimes helps a bit. I'm...
  2. wlpitcher

    Bilateral TKR When did you get off pain meds?

    Thanks for the good advice. It's a comfort to know I'm not the laggert I thought. (Both the surgeon and my PCP have implied I should be off by now.) I don't know how I forgot, I don''t think I can still blame being loopy on the meds, but I didn't mention I was also taking 650 mg of Tylenol...
  3. wlpitcher

    Bilateral TKR When did you get off pain meds?

    I’m in my eight week post-op for BTKR, spent 9 days in a rehab hospital for therapy and have been going to outpatient therapy once or twice a week since. Elevating and icing along the way. I started off on oxycodone 5 or 10mg every 3 hours and was down to 5mg every 6 hours at week 4 when a...
  4. wlpitcher

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I'm going to sneak in under the wire with a BTKR May 30th. What's the procedure for starting a new thread in the Post-Op section, which I''m assuming I should do?
  5. wlpitcher

    BTKR Rehab Hospital the first week after surgery?

    I'm scheduled for BTKR May 30. The doctor said 3 days in the hospital, and his Bi-laterals are followed by 1 to 2 weeks in a Rehab Hospital for physical therapy and occupational therapy. Talking to the people in 2 Rehab Hospitals give about the same routine, 2 sessions of 90 min. each per day...
  6. wlpitcher

    How long did you ice?

    I'm scheduled for BTKR May 30th., followed by 1 to 2 weeks in a rehab hospital for PT. They say I will have an ice machine for both legs while in the hospital but I can't seem to find out if I can take it with me when I leave for rehab. The hospital said "call your doctor"., the doctors...
  7. wlpitcher

    Recommended Dr. a disappointment

    An update on my Dr. interviews. I'm not sure if I should continue this thread or start a new post, but this seems to have more continuity. A meeting and exam with a second knee surgeon has renewed my hope. He does cut the ACL. (Does everyone have to?) He does not cut the quad, does not cut...
  8. wlpitcher

    Recommended Dr. a disappointment

    Thanks for the very informative replies. I've taken your advice and scheduled an appointment with another recommended MIS surgeon in the same hospital system. We'll see what he means by MIS, hopefully at least no quad cut. Also have an appointment with a third surgeon in another hospital who...
  9. wlpitcher

    Recommended Dr. a disappointment

    I’m a 76 year old male just starting the surgeon interview process, both knees being bone on bone for at least the last ten years. I saw a highly recommended knee surgeon last week, in the same major hospital system I’ve been for years. He had given me a cortisone shot in each knee last fall...
Back
Top Bottom