Recent content by Windy City

  1. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I am sorry and thank you all for support. It is surreal, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Everything I was afraid might happen did happen. All my fears came true even when I went to 4 specialists trying to see if anything but hip replacement could be done. I spent a year on research...
  2. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Lucky to be alive, just an update… I am not out of the woods, almost died due to infection/surgery anesthesia that essentially put my liver into failure that the docs were not sure If I would make it. I did survive, but I had to go back in again for another revision since infection did not go...
  3. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I am working with a disease specialist and an orthopedic doctor. I don't know much only that he seems very nice and hes trying. No real history on this guy as I was in dire straights leaking fluid out of my leg and as they say, any port in a storm. I am in park ridge. The disease specilist had a...
  4. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I think i found it... Propionibacterium. This is what came up late on me and they elimated the staphylococcus epidermidis. Propionibacterium is difficult to eliminate. One of the drugs given late was Clindamycin. But so far no luck. I really wish I could get help on this...I am alone in this...
  5. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I go back in for a swap out March 16th. more picc lines and cleanout. This doctor does not know what to do anymore if this doesn't work.
  6. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I need help, who has been on life long antibiotics? I have something called Pee-ap-ni that wont go away. Life expectancy? Anyone? I need direct help here.
  7. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Dec 18th removed out implant, almost died in hospital..liver was going into failure. Not looking good for me right now. I would of never done a joint replacement had I known my quality of life would diminish so rapidly and I would face death/amputation. My advice. Don't do it. In my 40's and...
  8. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Anyone else have issues where doctors missed a bacteria the first time with a spacer? A found second bacteria just a little too late to be treated with spacer and now your on hard core antibiotics for a year for the missed infection? Is 500 mg penicillin VK x2 a day alot to take for one year? Is...
  9. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I have an infection twice now and my hip now needs two stage revision. I am wondering on your success stories as I am told..its not good for me being young. All I care about are those who been in this and came out on the other side, good or bad, I need to hear it. thank you.
  10. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    My questions comes down to this. In short is there a specialist who deals with this in its removal? and Has anyone had it successfully removed?
  11. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Sorry first off, I can't even lift my leg naturally to 90 degrees at all, at best I get 60 degrees. All this is with knee naturally bent and relaxed. Pulling it with a yoga strap I can get 90 with pain. Out of desperation for a back issue to avoid spinal fusion as long as I can, I went to a...
  12. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    I have posted here in the past, long story short had my left hip replaced and developed Heterotopic Ossification. I have pain in the groin and cannot sit normally as the pain forces my leg to the side. I also have pain sitting in normal chairs. I have very little range of motion in which I...
  13. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Mako recovery works out just fine. I am hoping the discrepancy will go away in time. At the moment, I'll chalk up my experiences thus far as a "rough start" and hope for smoother sailing soon. Thank you for all your help.
  14. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    if you look at the image it appears that the implant side pushes away farther from the pelvis area when you look at the distance at the bottom of the lesser trochanter. Will that affect the gait in any way? Also for a title you could say Post Op Follow through progression mako plasty. Hope i...
  15. W

    Hip Infection* Hip revision

    Thank you for you help and advice. It was my physical therapy team that said I had to up my game. I am jumping all the hoops I can. Also when i straighten my leg my non operated foot raises 3/4 inches off the floor by the heel. I was also measured by my physical therapist and she found it was...
Back
Top Bottom