Recent content by Whitepond

  1. W

    TKR 6 weeks post op<

    Hi, everyone! I am 6 weeks today and was feeling a bit down. Reassuring that others are still experiencing swelling that is making our knees feel so stiff. My PT is working on my gait, but it is still tough.
  2. W

    Welcome to the September Sapphire's 2018 Knee Recovery Club!

    Please add me to the Sept. group. My TKR was Sept. 18. Thank you!
  3. W

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Just read your last post!! My first PT pushed me painfully with the bike, etc. when I was 3 weeks out. It was agony and my swelling was worse than ever. This site’s advice was a Godsend; I switched to a gentler PT who listened to me. My surgeon (NYC) also said I should switch PT’s. My new...
  4. W

    Bilateral PKR Recovery...will it get easier?

    Hi, Koopersmom, I’m 6 weeks out from my TKR, and I wanted to let you know that I had horrific itching from the OxyContin beginning when I was in the hospital. I had terrible shaking/chills, too. Once home, I scaled back on the Oxy, and now take one 5 mg tab every 8 to 10 hours. The itching...
  5. W

    TKR Sept. 18, 2018 surgery

    Thank you for sharing! You probably have more swelling, too? The ice and elevation are key! Good luck with your recovery. I’m at 5 and 1/2 weeks and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
  6. W

    TKR Sept. 18, 2018 surgery

    Thank you so much for your reply and your encouragement! My TKR (right knee) was Sept. 18, 2018. I’m also on Warfarin for another health issue, and my surgeon said that my swelling and bruising would be more, but I would still fully recover. Wondering if anyone else had this procedure and also...
  7. W

    TKR Sept. 18, 2018 surgery

    This site was a godsend for me. I found it in the middle of a painful and sleepless night over a week ago. It gave me the courage to change physical therapists as the first one was pushing me beyond pain, additional swelling and bruising. Thank you!!
Back
Top Bottom