@Andypandy - I am so so happy for you! Sounds like now you will have a "normal" recovery and will be up and about soon. Congrats!!:loveshwr::roseshwr::wave::wowspring::spin::dancy:
@Andypandy
Oh my word, your story almost exactly mirrors mine. Not doing exercises due to swelling and pain, cancelling PT appointments because of the same, being very depressed and just not seeming to give a darn. I was limited to my meds due to heart and the doctors in my group do not like...
@Andypandy
Let us know how the MUA goes on Friday. I'm sorry it has to be done, but hopefully it will give you the mobility that is needed for normal life. How did your surgeon determine it's scar tissue and the MUA would help? Not questioning him or you, I just wonder how the surgeon KNOWS...
Good luck today Andypandy!
Thanks for info about sleeping on side. Think I'll stay on the couch recliner for a while. 3 dogs and a hubby in bed who wake up every time I turn isn't fun.
We have 7 little dogs in the house so a housekeeper is really out of the question, even if I could find a meth-free one. Dust doesn't bother me in the least - it's more like seeing clean clothes hanging in the laundry room and not taking it to the closet, loading the dishwasher, putting stuff...
I guess sometimes the best we can is plug along. Taking advantage of the sunny days cause it's gonna get cold again and I'll feel stuck inside. Yeah, that's not a good way to lose weight. I've lost about 7 pounds since surgery but will be gaining that back since I'm not cooking my chicken...
I"m very fortunate to have him. Everyone said it wouldn't last cause he had broken up with his fiancee of 6 years when we started dating. First day was April 1 (I did wonder if he would show up:heehee:), got engaged 5/11 and married 8/5 . Surprised everyone too that thought I was pregnant...
@Andypandy
Can I ask you which side you sleep on? The one your surgery was on or the good leg? I have tried both ways but still my knee hurts so I'm still sleeping on my back. I already have problems with sleeping on my surgery side because my pacemaker gets squished and I can feel it under...
@Oldped - sorry to hear about your UTI and antibiotic woes. That's just adding insult to injury now. Sometimes it seems like our bodies hate us, doesn't it?
I hurt my knee badly the other day so mostly just elevating and icing. DH is being a tyrant about me NOT doing stuff around the house...
And he just called again about vinegar. He's definitely a keeper and tries very hard to help me (he is a man after all and doesn't seem to see things I do). We'll be married 47 years this summer so we've been thru a lot of ups and downs. He has clinical depression and a bad neck; I've had an...
@beralc
It is frustrating to keep having pain and less bend. Also I'm stubborn and don't learn fast enough so it's like I'm deliberately taking steps back. I have no idea why my knee aches when doing nothing but sitting with legs up after nothing but walking with the walker. I have no idea...
Dh is pretty much insisting I sit and ice and elevate to take down the swelling I did. I wish the doctor had told me how long this slow progress is. He seemed to think I would be back to normal in 5 months. If I had really known it's a year-long recovery, my mindset going into this would have...
@Oldped
I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you and I can't do 2 hours of housework without taking breaks for at least 20 minutes, so feel proud of you for pushing on.
My lower back and hips hurt in the morning and wakes me up with the pain. I do have arthritis in my hips but never as bad as now. I'm...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.