Recent content by Westie13

  1. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    The surgeon that I saw also told me to go back to Derby Hospital and ask for more bariatric surgery to lose the weight. I was told by Derby Hospital that you get no second chance at surgery once you had already had it done once. The way they see it is that if it did not work the first time then...
  2. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Josephine, do you know if your surgeon works from any other hospitals or is it just Sunderland. Because of my knee and other health problems, I am not a good traveler any more as cannot sit for long before I get to stiff to move. I have just googled it and it is 142 miles and 2 hours and 30...
  3. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Why on earth would anyone go through having a gastric band fitted to lose weight and then make smoothies etc and suck chocolate as you suggest Josephine, it makes no sense at all. Why bother having the surgery if you are not going to work with it? I get why people don't believe that I must...
  4. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Hi Mollymax, I am so happy for you that you finally got your knee done. Well done on losing the weight also, you should feel very proud of yourself. Sadly even slimming world does not work for everyone. I have tried it myself in the past. Also tried Weightwatchers and Rosemary Conley Hip and...
  5. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Hi Marie56, this sounds very encouraging. Would you mind telling me what surgeon you saw so that I can ask my doctor for a referral to him or her. I daresay you are not as heavy as I am but it has to be worth asking. I hope your recovery is going well and by the sounds of it you have no regrets.
  6. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Thank you so much to everyone who replied to my post. I will try and reply to all and apologies if i miss anyone out. First of all in reply to ertuck regard losing weight, I have tried every diet and weight loss aid out there. They do not fit gastric bands unless you can prove to the doctors...
  7. Westie13

    Cannot have a TKR unless I get my BMI down to 30

    Does anyone know of any UK hospitals that will do a total knee replacement if my BMI is over 30? I am in absolute agony, all day and night and can get little relief from the pain. I was told by the orthapaedic surgeon at my local hospital to go away and lose weight and come back to see him...
Back
Top Bottom