Recent content by WELSHRUTH

  1. W

    TKR WELSHRUTH 9 weeks out

    Hi all - I had my knee replacement (right side) 9 weeks ago on 23rd April 2019. My surgeon is very pleased with my progress and so am I. This is just to say thank you to this site and especially the forum. I used it when I had a hip replacement 2 and a half years ago. I know I have a long way to...
  2. W

    Life restrictions

    @THR I had my surgery 10 weeks ago and I'm just recovering from a nasty chesty cough and cold. Last weekend I was sitting on the edge of the bed when I coughed badly and must have strained a muscle around my hip because I had the most excruciating pain. It set me back in my recovery for about a...
  3. W

    THR Take a deep breath! Jump in!

    @gertie I know exactly what you mean about the reaction of friends/family. Some people are thrilled for me and so supportive and encouraging and other people have no idea. I often find it difficult to explain about the huge variation in recovery from this major operation without sounding sorry...
  4. W

    THR LTHR Oct 29th 2016

    @gertie Thank you for your reply a couple of weeks ago. My arthritic knees have definitely been holding me back but I knew that was going to be an issue. You seems to be recovering very well nevertheless. I'm definitely still experiencing post op fatigue still too. My sleep,pattern is still...
  5. W

    THR LTHR Oct 29th 2016

    I've been getting on ok since my first post and I saw my OS a few days ago who said X-ray of new hip fine. Prescribed some hydrotherapy for my stiff knee and explained that it's still early days at 2 months post op to worry too much that my leg is still swollen. However, today I've had a bit of...
  6. W

    THR LTHR Oct 29th 2016

    Hi everybody! I've been an avid reader of this forum ever since I've had my new hip. I know I'm a bit late joining because I'm over 6 weeks out now but I thought I would join in mainly to say thank you for all the advice, reassurance and information I have received! I think I'm recovering ok...
Back
Top Bottom