Recent content by Wayfarer

  1. Wayfarer

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Sounds like you're doing great Blue! I keep forgetting to address my incision thing too. I agree, it is a good reminder of what is going on. I'm not too squeamish, but do cringe a little when I see it each morning before a shower.
  2. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Layla, never thought of asking for surgery notes; I will inquire about that (if I remember) so thanks for the thought. And yes Jaycey, I've already asked for my more current X-ray before surgery (the OS was suppose to send me before surgery, but hasn't--prob not high on his list of things to...
  3. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Hey Blue! Thanks for the follow up...I meant to get in a day a head of you for an update (saw you had one in your thread today, reads like you're doing great!), but been actually kinda busy, not too busy to post here, just distracted. I am still in discomfort from the surgery, kinda leg muscle...
  4. Wayfarer

    Hip collapse?

    Damn Carrie, sorry you're going through all that!
  5. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    And Carrie, when you would miss snow and breaking cold in China, you can always go to Harbin! Got up to the ice festival twice.
  6. Wayfarer

    THR New hip new life recovery thread

    Clara, Layla writes the truth. Just look at your own schedule/recovery. I'm just trying to let it all fall out. Not challenging myself per se, but not being idle, just doing the best I can and a little more. Re your muscularity; I think I probably developed a bit of atrophy from being so...
  7. Wayfarer

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Good news Blue! One thing I've taken away from this forum is the PT, or lack there of. I'm trying to commit to walking each day, and slowly working up in distance; working on a half-mile currently. Plus, one still has moving around the house, getting to/in the car, to the office, back in the...
  8. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Thanks Layla, yeah, got off a phone call with a colleague south of Chicago; really cold! Cars not starting, runs from car to office/shops, etc. She even said she will go out and start the car periodically during the day at the office; she too mentioned a let up this weekend. I don't "think"...
  9. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Thanks Layla, I'm starting my "loop" walk with the dogs (first time today), about 5/8th's of a mile (according to my neighbor who stopped on the street while I was walking, he does the same loop with his dog each morning and knew the distance from his experience). Went pretty well, and I hope I...
  10. Wayfarer

    THR Scheduled for 6th Feb (UK)

    lotus, you are braver than I am. I lasted a little over a year and six months of that was that I wanted the surgery after the first of the year cuz is was slower workwise for me. And I kept thinking, okay, this isn't that bad, I can baby this along for a while, right? Nope, it was the right...
  11. Wayfarer

    THR Scheduled for 6th Feb (UK)

    lotus, you will do fine, promise *cross my heart, hope to...uh...cross my heart*. I got in a bit of a funk over the holidays thinking about the pending surgery. There was down time, so had more time to think. Then after the same, was running around with my head cut off getting things done...
  12. Wayfarer

    THR Scheduled for 6th Feb (UK)

    For me I can make the analogy of getting on an airplane; you can worry about will there be an issue with taking off (you've already been waiting to take off on the tarmac cuz of a delay), the flight in a general, and then the landing (one of the most crucial parts of a the flight). At the time...
  13. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Three weeks! Layla caught on I was going for an off-the-cane-weekend, obviously I wanted to be the first to write that, but c'est la vie. :rotfl: Well the weeks are starting to run together. Last week was kinda the same ol' same ol', but obviously a little different. Knew I might be off the...
  14. Wayfarer

    AVN of Hip, How to Find a Surgeon?

    Hey Tilly, weird/odd, I've been communicating with my tennis teammate (former? I haven't played in over a year) and have asked him twice about his surgeon in the Bay Area to no avail! ...Edit: correction Tilly, I went through my old emails. My teammate and I had the conversation AFTER his...
  15. Wayfarer

    THR Got'er done!

    Hi Layla, I’m figuring I will just post in my thread, starting once a week. So the cane thing will be a...uh...milestone in some respects. Had a pretty busy day today, so I may need my walker tomorrow! :scare: That’s why a weekly update is better: peeps only have to read my drivel once a week...
Back
Top Bottom