Recent content by WaterWalker

  1. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    Yes....I am taking other medications. Doc has taken me off them for two weeks to see how I respond. He thinks that the impact of the surgery has changed the way my brain responds to stimulant drugs for ADHD. We shall see. I have not had this reaction prior to surgery. I do have symptoms that...
  2. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    There is so much concern about infectious diseases and also concern about over use of antibiotics. Getting the idea that perhaps that taking antibiotic prior to having my teeth cleaned twice a year is over kill. What to do? Having a new knee, what special measures do I take to prevent the...
  3. W

    TKR TKR:Dancing with Myself

    I think highly motivated people who are accustomed to a high level of physical activity may have the idea if they push themselves that good things will happen. I was totaly niave about the impact of a TKR. I am learning to dial back my expectations and take it a day at a time. I have also...
  4. W

    TKR Grateful for Bonesmart

    I can really relate to your appetite issues! I am a couple of weeks ahead of you and I have no interest in food. I get it done because I have to but it is a major issue. I have been off the oxycodone for 2 weeks and am really tapering off the Tylenol. I developed a very dry mouth that I...
  5. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    I am coming to terms with my energy limitations. it is strange to spend a morning doing just normal stuff and being wiped out in the afternoon. I am off the narcotics.... but still take aspirin twice a day for blood thinning plus an occasional tylenol. I am having dry mouth issues. Is this...
  6. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    Thank you! Bone Smart is teaching me how to do that. I have to trust God to take care of my business which is hard to do with this fuzzy head and low energy. Being a lady of leisure in very hard. The curse of the Protestant Work Ethic. But this joint replacement is for good for the long...
  7. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    How do you define returning to work? Is that an 8 hour day? I am so appreciative of the sharing of this wisdom. Where else would I learn this? I had surgery from one of the top hospitals and surgeons in the USA and I know they are clueless when it comes to these reentering life issues. I...
  8. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    This is really good advice. I came into this process thinking that strong determination would do the trick. Wrong! My body not my head is in charge at this point. I have to learn to rest not exercise! What are the signs that it is time to push forward? I truly don't wish to mess up the...
  9. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    Thank you for this reassurance that I am not getting Alzheimers! The isolation plus all of the stuff of the past month can make you think you are losing your grip. There is nothing to prepare you for this! So thankful for this community!
  10. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    I am not planning to take any trips soon. I missed a couple after the surgery but I am content to wait for the 6 month spot. The current issue is to also understand what is happening to my mind. While I was on the narcotics ( I hope they are history) I was mentally fuzzy now that I am...
  11. W

    TKR Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.

    I am taking double strength Tylenol along with two adult aspirins for blood thinning. I have the 5mg Oxycodone available but trying to stay off. I am not being a wuss on this. If I had sharp pains I would take them. My surgeon offered an anitinflamatory and it made me very sick. It took me...
  12. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    A surgeon who has never had this surgery is just looking at text books! My surgeon is a great technician and his job is done. I ask the ortho staff questions and I know they are not really hearing me. I had a visiting nurse who was a real healer and understands the healing process. This...
  13. W

    TKR Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.

    One of the reasons I am on Bone Smart is that every health care provider has a different opinion on EVERYTHING!!!! The only people I trust are those who are patients or have had this done! My second PT person was ANTI ICE, But I found that I was not getting of the Oxycodone as quickly as I...
  14. W

    TKR 8/11/2014 4 weeks out and weak as a cat!

    Moving around great! Up and down stairs, no cane or walker. My walking is slower but not looking injured....BUT I AM SO TIRED! And I am sneaking up on food! I feel like the Duchess of Cambridge...while I am not throwing up....I cringe at the idea of eating. NEVER BEEN like this. I do eat...
Back
Top Bottom