Recent content by Waterlady

  1. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    @smcsmc727 You said “It is discouraging that there's still pain and swelling even after a year, but we all just have to deal with it, and look forward to the day when all we have are a few aches, and only need to ice occasionally.” I just read your post from November. I’ve been caring for my...
  2. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    @Layla Yes, I have been a bit impatient as I’ve been exercising by swimming and doing a little with the weight machines to strengthen all the muscles in my legs. I want to go hiking too! I tried a short hike to view the lake from the top of the hill. I made it to the top, but it was too much...
  3. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    @Mutti3 Thank you for your response. It sounds like I just need to be patient with getting back to yoga. Yesterday I was excited, because I could get my knee on the floor/mat without causing pain below my patella. I’m getting closer anyway. I really need to be able to stretch properly as I have...
  4. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    Well, I’m at 5 and a half months now with my new knee. My knee still hurts after I swim or do any kind of exercise. It seems that the area around my patella gets irritated. I’m icing it after exercise. My knee still feels really tight.I want to be able to do yoga, but I can not get my knee to...
  5. Waterlady

    TKR After a year and 2 months

    @Guss My TKR was May 3. I also have this tourniquet feeling around my knee, calf, and ankle. For myself I’ve found that it helps to massage it to help release some of that binding feeling. I can’t do that to my ankle since I still am unable to reach it very well. I do lots of ankle circles. I...
  6. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    @ Layla. Thank you for your reply. Enjoy your holiday. I did ask about getting in the ocean or swimming pool since I like to swim. My OS stated it was ok after my incision was completely healed. It has been completely healed now for almost two weeks. My PT on Maui had said it was ok to swim...
  7. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    It’s around 4 am and I’m really tired of my knee aching. It’s not pain exactly … it’s the tightness above my knee that won’t go away. I’m about 8 weeks post op, and I’m doing well. At this point I’m becoming impatient. I love to swim, and I need to exercise as I’ve become quite large with all...
  8. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    @FourCats Thank you for your blessing. The flight is about five hours so I will definitely need to walk around on the plane. My surgeon wanted me to double the dose of baby aspirin I’m taking before the flight too.
  9. Waterlady

    TKR After a year and 2 months

    @Gus I am 6 weeks out now. I started having ankle pain last week. It seemed very strange as I could barely walk to a chair to sit down. I rotated my ankle and massaged it where it hurt. It seemed to calm now, but it’s happened a couple more times In the next few days. I just massaged it again...
  10. Waterlady

    TKR TKR My new right knee

    I’m 6 weeks post op now for my RTKR. I haven’t had much of any problems with my new knee. My recovery has been basically as expected. Yes, pain, sleepless nights on occasion, but I’ve been through this kind of thing before. I do wish I could do more by now, but I’m walking around ok with a cane...
  11. Waterlady

    TKR It’s that time again

    Thank you @FionaW. I had my surgery yesterday. All is good.
  12. Waterlady

    TKR It’s that time again

    @Layla Thank you.
  13. Waterlady

    2023 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    My orthopedic surgeon’s office called me today to change the date of my surgery to May 3. I was starting to get anxious about this surgery yesterday. I felt relieved that the date is a little further away so I have time to deal with other issues before my surgery.
  14. Waterlady

    TKR It’s that time again

    @Sara61 I suppose i could ask the mail woman if she will deliver the mail to my door for the first couple of weeks. It doesn’t hurt to ask …Especially since I don’t get that much mail. As to groceries…No they do not deliver in my area as it is quite a ways from the nearest grocery store. A...
  15. Waterlady

    TKR It’s that time again

    Thank you @benne68 for the reply and informational links. It’s been a few years now since my last surgery so they are useful to me. I will be having the TKR done in a day surgical center. To me that sounds better as there are less germs there than at the hospital. I know one should keep their...
Back
Top Bottom