Recent content by WarriorWoman

  1. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Will share what I know regarding my hip infection, more specifically the diagnosis, treatment of anti-biotics, as well as prognosis and general information regarding the type of infection for anyone interested and who may be concerned wanting to be aware or understand for how it manifested...
  2. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    <Actually my AVN is at a fairly early stage and I'm of the opinion that I do not experience any pain from it. HOWEVER, I have since learned I have a Labral tear in my hip that IS mildly painful (I can remember the moment I tore it). The mild pain I'm now experiencing has created quite the...
  3. WarriorWoman

    Showering For Two Days Before Surgery?

    Just getting in touch to see what was happening for you... Sorry to learn you had avascular necrosis I understand that can be painful. I would imagine you are very ready for your Sept. surgery with being delayed from May. re: Pre-Op body scrub I was given for body & shampoo clorahexidine and...
  4. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Yes, it is but not surprising. Have lived here 12 yrs and medical is quite lacking. Have gone upper state for issues for my spine and even into Emory in Atlanta. Did get some info from @Sullivand she was so kind to let me know who she had for her specialists in Atlanta. That's only 6 hr...
  5. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    p.s. I have no specialists where I live that are suitable..... called two infectious disease drs and their staff couldn't address my clearly stated issue or other questions re: what was their primary specialized patients/cases...it took 3 phone calls for me to get to Inf. Dis. Dr. office to...
  6. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    That is so wonderful....thanks for sharing...light in this tunnel is so good to know !
  7. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Update - - my right THR in 2005, was really painful the whole time I was on an anti-biotic for dental work this past 2 weeks (had extraction so pre-op and post op antibiotics). It progressed to the point where I had to use a walker, that was very hard to pull out my walker...hadn't seen it...
  8. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Thanks everybody I am glad I found this forum appreciate your welcome and suggestions. I am just getting off of one antibiotic for dental surgery and now going on another because of bronchial issues that never seem to clear. Although I don't like going back-to-back until I can get an...
  9. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Thank you, Sharon welcome and your suggestions and love the one of "when you have fears & worries, come and vent" !! I so hope the symptoms I am having are not because of infection never fully cleared in this hospital (iv's 3 wks after my hip surgery). WarriorWoman
  10. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Thank you Copsham, for your reply to me and Susanlanc. I am unable to sleep and it was nice to receive such a quick reply from someone and all the way from the United Kingdom. Bless you! Yes, I did see Sullivand and her documented journey, and will reference it more and hope to be connecting...
  11. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Hello, Ive found a few people here that are going through the unfortunate circumstance of fighting infections in their hip and with a THR in my left done 6 months ago and having to go to the ER at the hospital only 4 weeks out of the surgery - - I am grateful to come here and see there are...
  12. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Hoping to get in touch...with others who are recovering from infection in their THR's. Right now in "limbo" I suppose but worsening symptoms is changing that - - I had left hip infection, having had antibiotic thru an iv in the hospital about 4 weeks post op from my surgery of my left THR...
  13. WarriorWoman

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Hoping to get in touch... I read your amazing journey with your hip infection challenges and how you have come through, and was so hoping to connect with people who have gone thru what I fear is happening for me with an infection which occurred from post-op bronchial infection while in hospital...
Back
Top Bottom