Recent content by Wanda

  1. W

    TKR Woo Hoo, I am on the "other side"! 5 days post-op

    Thanks for all of the well wishes! I think I am tying to chronicle my journey here on bonesmart, unfortuantely I think that at 5 days post-op mostly what there is to chronicle is pain! LOL Today is day 7 post-op. One full week and I can now smell some roses! The nerve block didn't seem to...
  2. W

    TKR Woo Hoo, I am on the "other side"! 5 days post-op

    Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! And give you all an update. I am now 5 days post-op and was moved to a rehab unit late yesterday. When I was in the pre-op area, at 6:30 AM and roughly 30 minutes of sleep. The anaesthesiologist came in and, along with the standard questions, presented me...
  3. W

    Newbie introduction - wanda

    Surgery scheduled for 7:45 AM EST, I check in at 6:15. Sleep is not coming.
  4. W

    The verdict is in - I need BTKR :-(

    Holy Toledo!!! LOL This is the last time I will say this cuz I really hate repeating myself - I am so glad I found this forum! Phoenixx29 - Hang in there! After reading this complete thread, I salute you! I thought my surgeon made me nuts by postponing me twice, once by 4 days and then by 7...
  5. W

    Newbie introduction - wanda

    SO SO SO thankful I found this forum! Today was rough. My daughter's high school graduation party was today. We scheduled this party back when my surgery was set for June 15. I thought I would be 9 days post-op by now and, though I know it is a stretch, I'm somewhat of a trooper, I planned to...
  6. W

    Newbie introduction - wanda

    Thanks, Jamie! This is just the kind of people we are. My Mom adopted their mother when she was 8, she had been in foster care since age 5, physically abused and neglected by HER biological mother. I don't fight these things, He calls - I answer. Makes for a more peaceful mind! Being a...
  7. W

    June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

    @ Jamie Yep, surgeon knows. I had a tooth crack from, it seems, grinding my teeth in my sleep. Saw my dentist. No infection present. Thanks, good to know that folks are looking out for me!
  8. W

    Newbie introduction - wanda

    Hello All! My name is Wanda. 45 years old living in the midwest. Toledo, Ohio sits on the lower left corner of Lake Erie right at the Michigan state line. I am divorced 20 years now, I guess that makes me single! LOL Three girls ages 26, 24 and 18, all grown and moved out. Youngest...
  9. W

    June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

    @ MaryGrace I'm glad I am not the only one that was silly enough to watch an online video! Bad idea! I have had it done before (RTKR) and I STILL found it highly disturbiing, couldn't even finish! LOL I have a terrible toothache that I have been putting on the back burner waiting for this...
  10. W

    June 2012 - Are You Having Knee Surgery In June?

    LTKR on June 26!!! Had uni on the right in 2005 - ugh, total disaster. Had four more surgeries (two open, two arthroscopic) to try to make it right. Finally converted to TKR in 2010. RELIEF!!!! Now having LTKR on the 26th. Pain is so terrible, just counting the days. A little nervous...
Back
Top Bottom