Recent content by waltern31

  1. W

    THR Feeling ok at day 16

    Did my left side 14 months ago and I know what you are gpoing through, but every day will get better. Every day you'll see the bruises and swelling go down. I'll be getting my right side done Jan 30th so I'll be right behind you. My buddies are already calling me the $120000 man LOL. Good luck...
  2. W

    Second time around

    Well I'll be getting my second Hip replacement, this time the right side done in January. If this one goes as good as the last one I'll be a happy camper. I'll keep you posted
  3. W

    THR Some worries and questions... day 6

    Got my hip done in April of this year, and belive me day 6 was no picnic for me either, I to was about 50 pounds over, and it was not easy to get around. I felt all kinds of grinding noises too, and it felt like a clicking sound when I moved around, all that will go away in time. It takes a good...
  4. W

    THR Emotional battle after hip replacement

    Re: Recovery wow great things to look forward to, I'm 8 days post op and walking on a crutch, looking forward to the next 5 months. Great post, gives us newbie's some hope
  5. W

    The first week

    Taking Nucynta 50 MG, 2 times a day, and I am exercising at 10 am and 3 PM since day 4 post op. then waking with wifey. Today went much better and was my first 500 foot walk. I am resting now and pain is at about 3, not to bad. Thanks for asking Jamie
  6. W

    Had replacement 4/2009 still have issues

    So sorry to hear what you are going through, tahoe. I too rode Motorcycles for about 30 years, but I gess was fortunate to quit riding, and never hit the big one. But all my falls took a tole and here I am sitting at home with a titanium hip do to to many falls. I'll pray for your recovery and...
  7. W

    The first week

    :friends: Don't be surprised if you have a lot of tightness in your hip for the first week. And man, expect some major pain to go with it. I have found that the more you exercise, and I mean 2 times a day the better you start to feel. It was liberation to have a pain knowing that it will go away...
  8. W

    My hips is making clunking, grating noises and is slow to turn

    Got my left hip replaced a week ago, I am Klicking and klanging, and the pain is major after a good workout. I am however able to walk with a cain. what's the avarage on pain levels for the first week?
Back
Top Bottom