Recent content by Wallsy

  1. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Jaycey, Thanks for your comments. I understand the stiffness will ease with time, but I expected to be more flexible and less stiffness than i have now after 10 months. I don't ice as I don't feel or see any swelling. My concerns are that as time progresses it gets too late to make any...
  2. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi everyone its been some time since I posted. My TKR left leg was March 25th. My recovery has been long slow and frustrating. I'm not where I want to be but I have no measure stick to gauge if its where I should be. I have some 105 degrees flex on my knee, but pushing it. Swelling has massively...
  3. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    I had actually read or heard that theory before, it sort of made sense. Joy more pain to get used to.
  4. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Ghostpipe, it appears we share identical situations. I had also just had an Xray, same story form my Doctor, "it happens just keep going" I feel like I'm just getting kicked down the road until 12months has past then may be, may be ill be looked at more seriously, I hope I'm being cynical...
  5. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Pumpkin, Thanks for the advise and support, thanks for re-organising the threads, ill try keep it correct. Cheers
  6. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Rain Dancer, Thanks for your feedabck and support. Its only to the left hand side of my shin? is it shin splints? I don't know, ill certainly try your suggestion before undertaking any long walks. Thanks
  7. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi MaryCool, Thanks for your feedback and support. I don't think its over doing physio as I have reduced what I undertake and concentrate on daily activities. It seams to be after a lot of walking? but other time just appears when I stand up. I use a massage machine but whist good in other...
  8. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem I'm having now and can offer any information or advice. I'm 6 months post operation of left leg TKR. Recovery is progressing albeit slowly. I am now experiencing a bad sharp pain in my left hand side front shin bone. It appears after...
  9. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    hi Jockette, are you saying I should stop physio, if I do I'm afraid I will leave it to late to get the knee movement I need.
  10. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi My fellow knee recovery friends., error on my last post....im 18 weeks post surgery.
  11. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi My fellow knee recovery friends. Thanks to all those who replied to my early posts. I'm now 14 weeks post surgery, knee bend has improved from 85 degrees to 95 degrees, but my good hard work to get that extra 10. Up and down stairs is coming, but still have to angle the body to avoid knee...
  12. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Ginger 1210 and Cabu thanks for the words of encouragement. Ill be easing of on the physio for a few days try and get the swelling down. When i read some of the other patients situation i feel positive to get through this I hope to have 120degree flexion.
  13. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Mar wow, a lot going on with you, I hope you have turned the corner, I pray your on a steady road to recovery. Good luck, keep the forum posted, I'm interested to know how you get along. I think i'll follow the advise in the forum and ease off on my physio, see if this swelling goes down.
  14. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Jockette My surgery date was 25th March 2021. the support my wife gives with physio is whilst I lay flat on my stomach my wife pushes my leg to bend the knee, yes, we go to point of pain, but bearable, and hold for 10 seconds, we repeat this 8 to 10 times. I then turn over and my wife...
  15. W

    TKR Left Leg TKR shin bone pain

    Hi Ghostpipe. Thanks for the feedback and whilst I sympathise with all people going through the same circumstances we are, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Our symptoms seem somewhat opposite, I have restricted ROM 90 degrees, when I try to go through it, it feels like my knee is bolted at that...
Back
Top Bottom