Recent content by volatile

  1. V

    The classic Resurface vs Replacement question...

    Thanks for this Bruce. Didn't you feel like that was "buying you" a revision essentially though. The resurface fails, then you have the THR and hopefully that gets you a good 40/50 years of non revised hip?
  2. V

    The classic Resurface vs Replacement question...

    Hi family. I guess I'm asking what's already been asked. But for a 40 ish year old male that wants to stay active, is the resurface - on the whole - the better option? I've tried to read up on this, on this site and elsewhere, but some places say there are no stats past 8 years, others say...
  3. V

    Jan 9th - THR Nerves, any advice?

    I started fillling it in a couple of years back when i first arrived on this site. I think for me, it didn't make much sense as I can literally do all of it with ease on one day, and maybe even for weeks at a time, but then if i do something silly in the gym or it becomes aggravated for some...
  4. V

    Jan 9th - THR Nerves, any advice?

    I still feel like a fraud to be honest. Long periods without pain have always given me doubts over whether this is right or not, but alas here we are I'm booked in January 9th (this Wednesday lol) Any advice?
  5. V

    Rest it or move it?

    what is a hip collapse? (hides behind curtain)
  6. V

    Insurance company closing down, where does it leave me?

    Lots and lots of differences. Chief among which is I'll be back to square one in the waiting list process which starts with a visit to my GP, then a referral, then a very long wait. Not to mention the care itself. My arthroscopy op on the NHS resulting in me coming around from anesthesia in...
  7. V

    Insurance company closing down, where does it leave me?

    In light of recent pain, I have a rather odd insurance query and I wonder if this has ever come up before. I'm in the UK, and I qualify for my THR to be carried out through insurance rather than on NHS. I've chosen a surgeon and he informs me that either way I can get it done with him...
  8. V

    Rest it or move it?

    I'm not sure my experiences are typical. The best way it has been described on this forum (that I could relate to) is the old concrete step scenario and in particular the "stone in the shoe". The leg raise causes me no discomfort, in fact, pushing the leg the other way (hips forward, legs back)...
  9. V

    Rest it or move it?

    1st May 2018 I'm not sure (I'll try and dig out a photo of the scan). My surgeon quotes to me "The CT shows there is very significant osteoarthritis in the right hip with areas of almost complete loss of joint space. I think this further reinforces the fact that your symptoms are due to the...
  10. V

    Rest it or move it?

    To clarify, this is 90-95% walking... if I break into a mild jog it's for 20 seconds to get the heart rate up.
  11. V

    Rest it or move it?

    Hi guys. Currently on a waiting list for a THR. I spend a lot of time away from home and as such haven't got access to my usual walks/gyms etc., where I can be selective with my activities and stay in decent shape while not hurting my hip. Long story short, did some damage yesterday. Didn't...
  12. V

    Can you guys help push me over the line please?

    @Josephine @Miss Muffet anything to add? x
  13. V

    Can you guys help push me over the line please?

    Think I put that wrong. He's just keen on trying other things to prolong the hip and put you further away from a THR and then subsequently a re-do down the line. It's kinda cool he seems to work with lots of athletic younger people too right? I'm getting the feeling that the surgeon / history...
  14. V

    Can you guys help push me over the line please?

    Hi again guys. THR imminent - UK / 40 - My story is here . Thanks for all your help thus far. So I'm ready to pull the trigger on this THR, and I'm struggling with the decision of surgeons as a lot of you will already know. I got it down to two guys. Johan Witt / UCLH London and Alastair...
Back
Top Bottom