Recent content by Virgo Lady

  1. V

    TKR Virgo Lady has a new knee!

    I had my TKR (Right) on 10th Sep 2017 - since late Dec/Jan I have been really battling as I have arthritis in my spine as well. The pain has become so severe and after xrays revealed I have a pinched nerve. Several physio sessions have not helped so I was back to walking with 1 crutch to...
  2. V

    TKR Virgo Lady has a new knee!

    Hello everybody Well I had my TKR done on 10th Sep and the Dr said it was a success. I have been back at work since 25th Oct, driving myself (78km's a day) and all going very well. This was the best thing that I could have done. Gone with the constant pain and discomfort. Although it is...
  3. V

    2017 September Sapphires - Are you having knee surgery in September?

    Hi Everybody - the long wait is almost over - I am having my TKR (right knee) on the 10th Sep 2017 - Was so eager to get this done due to the pain I go through on a daily basis but now am getting a little nervous. This site has really helped me in preparing for this op and I pray that all will...
  4. V

    Knee Replacement (approx Sep/Oct 2017)

    Has anybody ever been so excited about an op? Really? Yes I am - suffering all the pain and discomfort since Sep 2016 - having the scope and then synvisc injection with no relief. My docter has agreed to do the Total Knee replacement (Right Knee) on 10th Sep - that gives me 7 weeks and 3 days...
  5. V

    Knee Replacement (approx Sep/Oct 2017)

    Hi I am so glad I joined this group - you have all been awesome with hints and assistance. I'm hoping my docter will do the op earlier - I should know by today when he will be operating. If it wasn't for the pain I think I could go a little longer but darn it's bad. I'm feeling a lot less...
  6. V

    Knee Replacement (approx Sep/Oct 2017)

    I have another question - is it normal to have severe pain from the knee down to my ankle? My right leg pains all the way down to the ankle at times mostly when I sit too long (am office bound in front of a computer) and at night. I usually wake up every 1-2 hours and need to walk around a bit...
  7. V

    Got a second opinion today.

    Hi - I too have had a second opinion and also had the Synvisc injection 6 weeks ago. Have not had any relief and pain is getting worse. I've made the decision to have the TKR - right knee - believe me I have a high pain threshold but the pain in my knee is becoming unbearable and no medication...
  8. V

    Knee Replacement (approx Sep/Oct 2017)

    Hi Everyone I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees in Sep 2016, however after having the x-rays done my GP referred me to a specialist for a arthroscopy - I had this done on 4 May and was advise that I have no choice but to have a full knee replacement (right knee). Due to sick leave...
Back
Top Bottom