Recent content by Vioryny

  1. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    4 months post my knee replacement surgery report: Everything is going well so far. I achieved 132 degrees of Range of Motion (ROM) by the end of the 8th week. I began going to the gym after 10 weeks, where I spent 50 minutes, 4 times a week, doing 30 minutes of biking/leg press and 20 minutes...
  2. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    I am pleased so far, thus I am gonna take a break from this forum Maybe, check back in 6 months again, provided everything goes smoothly.God willing won't be any bad issues in the future!
  3. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Hello, all - Today, I had my three-month check-up with my surgeon to mark my kneeversary! He is pleased with my progress, and I won't need to see him again until my one-year anniversary. Here's a brief summary of my journey with left TKR (Total Knee Replacement) so far: On April 7th, I...
  4. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Glad you are ok! As far as dental work, per my doctor, I should take it every time before dental work. Better safe, than sorry! Also , we have to watch for UTI as well I am jn another forum and one person got an UTI and she needed a revision We live under Damocles sword, hopefully, my...
  5. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    So.your knee got infected, and you had to.go thru that ordeal?
  6. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    One of my biggest fears is developing a knee infection, whether it be after a few months or even a few years. What measures can be taken to stay proactive and prevent these dreadful infections? Have any of you experienced knee infections after a few months or years, and if so, what was the...
  7. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Just a quick update, I wanted to share some positive outcomes 11 weks after my total knee replacement (TKR): The scar is healing remarkably well—it's only 6 inches long and perfectly straight. It seems my surgeon has some artistic skills! I'm happy to report that I'm experiencing no pain, just...
  8. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Friday - 11 weeks since my TKR. I have 0 extension and 135 ROM. I was told by my PT " you are healing better than expected", even though myself I dont totally agree ;) I was released from PT as of yesterday!
  9. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Two months report: I saw my clinician PT yesterday, and after some light/ moderate manipulate my extension is now Zero! My ROM has been always great - at 4 weeks I.was.at 120, today I am at 135! My surgeon as well my Clinician PT are happy with the outcome so far. I do the bike at the gym - 4...
  10. Vioryny

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    6 weeke post op TKR! I am happy with my scar - just 6 in!
  11. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    It's been 6 weeks since TKR. ROM - 126 Extension - 3. I 2 weeks I am positive will be 0! I can walk unassisted 0.5 miles. I love the bike - today I did 22 min amd 4 miles. I alsp started since yesterday to do some light upper body workout - machines only Still swollen, but it is expected. Next...
  12. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Initially, I.didnt think was gonna be a little aggressive, and out of respect I didn't say nothing. The guy next to me,.mentioned that when I was on the prone position I was grimacing. I thought it would be ok , but in the early morning I felt the.effcts. Next time, I would let then know to...
  13. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Actually, today, after thr knee manipulation by the PT who tried to get my extension close to 0 - I was at 10 - I feel some stabing pain in my knee. I hope not much was damaged!
  14. Vioryny

    TKR My solo odyssey to recovery

    Actually, when I wwnt home was still hurting a bit. Maybe, next time I should tell the PT to be more gentle. We are a group knee therapy, and from what I saw he.was doing the same thing to the guy next to me - he was 6 weels post op.
Back
Top Bottom