Recent content by Verwoodian

  1. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Hi Marieltha. Haven’t been on the site for awhile. I’m ok but am really frustrated with how my knee feels. I can do all my ADL and walk but my knee constantly hurts. It is now all around and under my kneecap and tight behind my calf. Still ice, elevate and massage but nothing is helping...
  2. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Boy that would be something! I get what you mean Marieltha. I was told by the physio at hospital to touch my scar as much as possible to try and de-sensitise it. It has helped a bit but I have two areas that are still really bothersome. I tried to kneel on a pillow on my bed today (again...
  3. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Thanks for your reply Josephine really appreciated. I can’t take tramadol as it gives me really bad heart palpitations and sickness. Yes I did read heel slides, I do them with a piece of tinfoil so that my foot moves back gently. I was really interested in the article about no exercise - I...
  4. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Hi Josephine, answers to your questions below: 1. Pain levels 6-7 2. 2 x 500mg paracetamol. I can’t take ibuprofen as I have kidney disease or Tramadol. Can combine with codeine if need to, I take this for my fibromyalgia when required. I tend to take in the morning and at night. 3...
  5. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Sorry Josephine, forgot to say yes please very happy for questions.
  6. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    Thank you all so much, your posts have been so helpful and made me realise I just need to take it one step at a time (pardon the pun) stay as patient as I can and I will eventually get there.
  7. V

    TKR Verwoodian's recovery thread<

    :chinstroke:Hi everyone I had my op on 25 March. To say I was not prepared for how painful this procedure would be is an understatement. Those first few weeks were really tough and I don’t think I’ve cried so much but thankfully those days are behind me now. I am so thankful that I found...
  8. V

    Welcome to the March Musketeers' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi all March 25ths. Hope you are all doing well, I must admit I am still struggling a bit. Boy is this a hard procedure to come back from, I can honestly say I have been tested with this and even though I am trying to be patient I thought that by 13 weeks I would almost be like my old self -...
  9. V

    Welcome to the March Musketeers' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I’d love to join your March Musketeers 2019. I had my right TKR on 25 March 2019.
Back
Top Bottom