Recent content by vern748

  1. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi All, Today is the 31st of Dec. Been a good year .... (11 months and a few weeks) since my THR Anterior. I am in the process of getting ready for my final Spartan race. 1/2 Marathon with 30 obstacles. Best times are 3+ hours....should be done in 4ish :rotfl: . Since this is my third, I get a...
  2. vern748

    THR 7 weeks out and have questions.

    If it moves, ice it. If it bends, ice it. If it hurts, ice it. Really not that simple, but want to get across ice is our friend at this point in your recovery.
  3. vern748

    THR ScottBGKY's Recovery Thread

    Hi Scott. Sounds like everything went well. Keep us posted on your progress. Make small goals, ie Walk by myself to the pottie... Walk by myself to the pottie without the walker.. These little milestones go a long way to getting to the end game. Don't be surprised if some days are better than...
  4. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi All, It has been 10 months and a few days since my hip replacement. Everything is going well...some may say really well. Im still pretty ginger with how I run and when I do simple things. Watching for the pot hole, not turning on it if I reach to the left. Simple things yes, but too many...
  5. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi All, Im back. So all is still good. BUT I have 2 questions. 1) I still have some tenderness at the incision point. If something hits it, not very hard, it really hurts. Is this common ? When does it go away? oops 2 questions in one. 2) When will if feel like "I never had a replacement" ...
  6. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi All, Just checking in. It has been almost 5 months to the day. So my movement is almost back to where it was before the operation. I do not get any lock-up any more, which I am grateful for, and the main reason for having the operation anyway. The area below the incision is still numb, but...
  7. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Back to work. Getting ready for a crawl. Someone kindly...NOT, snapped a pix of me. It's my good side.
  8. vern748

    THR When can I get back to the gym?<

    Hi, Tried the spin bike yesterday and that WILL NOT work for awhile. Too much weight on the hip. With your Posterior Approach, its might be one bridge too far in the time frame. PS. Try a small pillow between the legs. PSS. Ice is our friend. I ice twice a day. If it moves, I ice it. Keep us...
  9. vern748

    THR When can I get back to the gym?<

    Hi erwrightie, So, I am a bit older than you so judge for yourself. Also, like you, I am an avid gym person, every other day for 2+ hours. PLEASE follow your DR. instructions ! At week 4, I was back at the gym doing modified workouts. Dr. wanted me to keep all additional weight off the hip...
  10. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi, Went to my 6 week Dr. appointment. Dr took some x-rays and said he wanted to see me in a year. :flwrysmile: I am back to work and taking it slow. Walking on roof and crawling into crawl spaces is tough when your lacking some mobility. Dr. said if it starts to hurt. STOP. I'm stronger than...
  11. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi All, On day OP+39. Been going to the gym regularly. Going simple and light...for me. Doing the bike at minimal resistance for 7+ miles. Doing the Air-Bike, just arms for about 30 min. TRX-Rows, etc. All is really good. Head back to work next week. Still have some numbness to the right of...
  12. vern748

    THR Counting My Blessings

    My Newer mantra Had some shirts made for myself and my family
  13. vern748

    THR Confused and Regretful

    Complete agree. So far my recovery is NOT typical. Go slow, your body will tell you what works. As for running, not going to happen. Did not run before the injury for 17 years, and not about to start now. Worst thing you can do for a hip replacement.
  14. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    The upper is the front and the lower is the back. You can have someone make a better image of it for you. Much cheaper than me sending it from Calif to the UK. Enjoy
  15. vern748

    THR My new left hip

    Hi S00zd, It's all about life and enjoying it while your here. I just had some shirts made with; "You can add years to your life or life to your years." Some may ask, whats that? It's all about quality and not quantity. Hang in there and you'll be back to yourself in no time.
Back
Top Bottom