Recent content by utley's mom

  1. utley's mom

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    Well, I had my second opinion today with the Main Anterior Guy. He had a very nice nurse ("OMG, you're so definitely a candidate!"), the usual robotic PA who put the hip through a brief ROM and started the pain up again. The first thing he did was introduce me to a patient who was visiting at...
  2. utley's mom

    My big day is April 10! I'm scared, but excited!

    @MajorHeidi -- I am so excited for you!!!!! I've been using poles for 7 years -- they enabled me to postpone surgery until now!!!! I recommend broken link removed: https://www.walkingpoles.com/content/view/58/51 because in a pinch you can also use one as a cane. They will do wonders for...
  3. utley's mom

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    Is your employer big enough to have an HR department? And if so, are there short-term disability plans available? Or would you maybe qualify for twelve weeks under the Family Medical Leave Act? You may want to discuss this with someone who knows the ins and outs of you taking time off without...
  4. utley's mom

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    @MajorHeidi: Yup, that's my "son" Utley. He's a rescue pointer/border collie. HE had a THR for dysplasia! I'd love to be buds. How did you choose the anterior approach? @Josephine: Then you get booked in for a THR! Damned injection only lasted 24 hours. Pain came back worse than before, as...
  5. utley's mom

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    I'm yet another 58 year old woman. In 1992 I was run over while walking. I had three reconstructive surgeries on my left ankle. This threw my gait out of whack due to leg length discrepancy and even with a lift and orthotics my right hip has degenerated all to hell from trauma and regular OA...
Back
Top Bottom