Recent content by ultgar

  1. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    Had an anterior (Mako assisted) right hip replacement 6 weeks ago today. Recovery has been good so far and no more pain. The tissue below and to the sides of the incision feels hard and I was wondering if this is normal (scar tissue??). I see the surgeon for the first time since my Dec 10th...
  2. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    Doctor's nurse called me back later yesterday and said the antibiotic was not necessary. She said only with dental work (1hr before) and I supposed if the bleeding were extensive and required medical treatment. Mine stopped after 15-20 minutes.
  3. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    I know most doctors prescribe a large dose of antibiotics an hour before dental work due to the high amount of bacteria in the mouth. But what if you accidentally bite your cheek, tongue or lip hard enough to cause bleeding. This just happen to me this afternoon (1 month to the day after hip...
  4. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    Update - I'm now 14-15 days out and starting to walk without a cane (mostly in a straight line and level ground only). Getting better with stairs too. I can walk normally going up stairs (holding a railing) but do "one step at a time" coming down. There's still some pain when I try to lift...
  5. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    For anterior replacements, what's the normal recovery time before driving is tolerable? I tried a bit today in my driveway and it was more difficult than I expected (going between the gas and brake pedal after a right hip replacement). Guess my body is saying I'm not ready yet.
  6. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    One thing I have noticed since the surgery on the 10th is that my lower back pain seems to have gone away. Main discomfort the past 2 days has been along the suture line (occasional pulling). I suspect this would have been far worse if the surgeon had used staples. Not sure if the stitches...
  7. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    I'm at day 12 since surgery and definitely progressing. Walking great with a cane and my sneakers and ankle brace.....not so good without the cane. Envious of how well some of you are doing 2-3 weeks out from surgery. I'm looking at ankle tendon/ligament repairs and ankle replacement after...
  8. U

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    I'm 69 years old and had a Mako assisted right anterior hip replacement on Dec 10th. I tried to anticipate what I'd need for recovery and how long it would take beforehand. Wish I had found this group sooner. Did a month of "pre-hab" to get ready for the surgery. Was originally going to use...
Back
Top Bottom