The other night, I ended up just taking a shower without putting anything on my incision beforehand. More of the sticky came off from washing and I smoothed on some Aquaphor after, which is soothing. The skin finally feels better today.
The past two nights, I have slept in my bed for the first...
@Jamie The barrier isn't so much on the incision but around it See the attached pic, before I removed the mesh. You can see the crinkly skin around it, the barrier stuff is slightly shiny. I'm not using alcohol on the incision (which looks better now than the pic). The alcohol burns because the...
At my post-op appt, my surgeon's PA removed my dressing but there was a mesh tape left over the incision. He said it would fall off by itself in a week but I could remove it anytime if it bothered me. The tape didn't budge over the week and I finally peeled it off because my skin was getting...
Well, I drove for the first time since surgery yesterday (my orders were no driving until off narcotics and no sling, I've ditched the sling and no narcotics since the tooth abscess). Unfortunately, it was for a sad reason. I took my beautiful dog Poe to the vet for the last time. I am...
I hit a couple small things to celebrate the last couple days. First, I timed myself and I can shower and dress with no help in just about 20 minutes, not including shoes and socks. That's very close to my pre-surgery timing. Sounds silly but I work 5-6 mins from home. I could get in the shower...
@Hip4life I had Ligament Reconstruction and Tendon Interposition on my left thumb 10/23. The worst part for me was having to wear a cast for several weeks. I didn't realize how claustrophobic it would feel. If I ever have to have the right thumb done, we will have to figure it out without a...
I had my first post-op visit today. The PA took off my dressing, said my incision looks great. An x-ray shows everything as expected. He's happy with my progress (completely dressed myself, including stepping into my bra, except for my right sock) and I haven't needed any oxy since the...
@Dolly Girl How did PT go? What did they say about that bulge? I don't seem to even have any bruising, which I find surprising. My first post-op appt is in a few days (2/4). I;ve got a prescription for PT, need to look through my surgery folder and get that set up.
What a difference two doses (now 3) of antibiotic and some decent sleep made. My face is still swollen but the pressure is gone. Whew. That was scary. I called my surgeon, they said to call my dentist, dental office said they could see me mid-February but I'd need antibiotics now so call my...
Oh, man, am I hurting. Not my shoulder though, I have an abscessed tooth. The left side of my face is swollen and so. much. pressure. I called my surgeon's office and they prescribed antibiotics. It's too much and i wish i could sleep through this.
More pain today, proof the nerve block was doing its job. I'm not sorry it's gone, totally worth trading it for the shower. Still alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I added an oxy earlier after firing things up with my passive dangling exercises. I also have CBD gummies (legal in MI and...
Nerve block pump is off/out and I had my glorious first post-op shower. Sooooo good! My youngest helped remove the catheter and I managed everything else. Set a sturdy folding chair with a beach towel draped over it near the tub to sit on straight out of the shower. I read somewhere that hand...
Hey all, I don't remember how to tag people. The only movement I am making besides my dangling exercises is from sleeping recliner to another armchair at my laptop table. And livingroom to bathroom and back. Lots of rest and icing. As far as I can tell, I'm not swelling or very bruised. Will get...
Hopefully someone will come along and move your post into its own thread so more people will see it.
Clothing: I'm currently living in lounge pants and over-sized men's t-shirts. My dominant arm shoulder's been replaced so I figure buttons would just make things more complicated. For going out...
I'm 5 days out from surgery and doing pretty good. I have just a simple sling, which was enough of a problem (sharp pains from jostling when I move) that I ordered other slings to try. By the time they arrived, the pain was already lessening. My dr prescribed oxy to be taken while alternating...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.