Recent content by trucka

  1. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Thank you @sistersinhim and @SusieShoes. did the same on the bike today, weather not as good but knees didn't complain. Hope to get back to work on Monday if things continue this way. Light duties for a while though.
  2. trucka

    TKR Heather's Road to Recovery

    Hi @okstay my Pt in the hospital after the op said the Surgeon bends the leg after fitting the replacement, to make sure you have the ROM. So don't worry that it's not there.It is just the swelling stopping it. The advice on here is second to none, take advantage of it. Take Care.
  3. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Things are going in the right way again. Went out on the bike yesterday and did 3 miles (taking it easy) right knee now nearly 9 months old was really happy. I feel sorry for him because he wants to do more but his 4 month old brother is holding him back. I was expecting it to complain about the...
  4. trucka

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    @Mr Gary do you have an exercise bike? I got a lend of one and it helps a lot. I put the seat up as far as I could and tried a revolution slowly, it was quite tight at the top but found it easier to back pedal for a while. After a few minutes my knee warmed up and could do a full rotation. Then...
  5. trucka

    TKR Finally found a new surgeon

    Hi Mr Gary.. I just read your story and can relate to the ups and downs you've been through. It helps to know your not the only one on the rollercoaster. But we will all get off it eventually. My PT said most surgeons are looking for you R O M of 90 to function properly, ie walking up stairs...
  6. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    SusieShoes. The pain or more of an ache now comes on at about 200 yards and I try to walk through it. Yesterday I did the route that I used to do at six weeks quite easily ( around half mile) and was glad to get home and put my foot up. The clicking don't really bother me, it's a lot better...
  7. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Now at 16 weeks post op, still can't walk far without soreness and swelling. When I put weight on my leg it is sore don't know if it's bone or tissue causing the pain. I have rested more over the last two weeks to see if that will improve things but can't see much improvement. When i'm on the...
  8. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Thank you rubhunt3 and SusieShoes for your input. Yes the Oxycodone was getting me down too. The OS said to me that knee operations are like children and never get two the same lol. As long as they end up the same it will be fine by me.
  9. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Thank you for your advice Josephine, I will try the Paracetamol and see how it goes and cut out the home exercises. I still use ice gel pack maybe every other night for an hour. I came across this site after my last op by mistake, nearly every time I put a question into Google about a problem...
  10. trucka

    TKR Annaf's recovery thread<

    I'm almost 13 weeks in and mine swells when standing too long and walking too far. It's good to know it's not unusual. I've decided not to push it too far and give it more time to get better. I'm sure your rom will improve later on when the swelling goes down more.
  11. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Yes you are right about the pain med, i should have contacted the GP,lesson learned. 1 pain level is usually around 1to2 in the house, goes to 6 after a 15 min walk. more of a thobbing ache like toothache. 2. I was on Oxycodone 50mg 2 every 4 hours but i was starting to feel terrible and...
  12. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    No I never said to the GP about the gabapentin. Just stopped taking it and stayed on the oxycodone. Yes its fine to ask me questions thank you.
  13. trucka

    TKR Recovery<

    Hi I am recovering from my second operation done on the 21st of December. The first was done in July and is coming on fine. From day one my second knee has been trouble. The surgeon said that you almost never have two the same. The pain from the knee itself wasn't too bad it was more like a...
Back
Top Bottom