Recent content by Trowelhand

  1. T

    2026 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in 2026?

    Sorry again, I was told the right knee first
  2. T

    2026 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in 2026?

    Forgot to say, had two hips done and looking at 2 knees to be done
  3. T

    2026 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in 2026?

    Postponed for March 14th 2026 now set for Dec 16th, a Wed, if I last that long, keep popping the naproxen
  4. T

    TKR Knee op or not ?

    I went to see the consultant Monday 13/1/25, both knees are bone bone he said, the right knee the worst as I have a pain behind the knee which cant bend to 90 degrees, he said it may be a Baker Cyst but a MRI will identify if so but cant be cured till knee is fixed ( new knee i presume. Here is...
  5. T

    THR One year on, today

    Hope this goes in the right forum, one year on from THR, left side, couldn't see this far but I'm here, walking pain free, taking my new grandson out to every park in Birmingham, UK, to all those good people wondering whether to have that op, have that op, you won't look back, it can be a...
  6. T

    THR One year on, today

    Hi I am now nearly 9 weeks post op of thr , right hip, I shall return to my teaching duties on the 8th of March here in the uk, mobility is great, stairs, up, down great, toilet not raised, no walking aids required now(but) still have a tightness in groin to top of pelvis but that's muscle...
  7. T

    THR One year on, today

    Many thank all for your support, strange thing though, I cannot recall my progress I went thru on my left leg, when I asked my consultant he said the mind has a strange way of blocking pain memories out, weird. Yes I'll get there, I'm on one elbow crutch but if I try without, I limp with slight...
  8. T

    THR One year on, today

    Day by day gets better, just using one elbow crutch now, tried to but weight on op leg but NO, swelling down just have muscle pain, calf and thigh above knee and inner thigh I suspect its where calf was held , and the muscles knitting together, reminds me of my young soccer days, waking up next...
  9. T

    THR One year on, today

    Many thanks and I will get there, I have wonderful support at home, yes it was my right hip, total different recovery from my THR left hip 2013
  10. T

    THR One year on, today

    Hi all thanks for all advice and love, my exercises are reduced to internal, walking around a table, ankle pumps, slight squats, not past 90" all as mentioned due to snow, rain hitting the UK, Birmingham since I came out of hospital, plus restiction due to Covid 19, no pyshio visits, at home or...
  11. T

    THR One year on, today

    Many thanks all, my THR was on the Tuesday the 5th of January 2021
  12. T

    THR One year on, today

    Hi based in the UK, just post THR 3 weeks now, first one was over 7 yrs ago, my question is when does the swelling on my thigh and calf go down to allow me to bend more of leg or even get into bed unaided, it restricts my excise, is there some advice to aid the swelling, like ice, many thanks
  13. T

    THR 9 weeks now

    Sorry all, I did the maths wrong, its 11 weeks today since my op, but I'm still feeling great, so 9, 12, 24 what ever weeks I'm doing great, Clifford149, excellent young man, keep it up, soon be back on the dance floor at that rate
  14. T

    THR 9 weeks now

    I can't even bring myself to watch a op on utube
  15. T

    THR 9 weeks now

    Don't think its sad, , its sad when you take photos of your xrays like I did lol keeping walking clifford149, as I see from your pic you have a dog, so your half way there, keep walking. walking walking and a speedy recovery
Back
Top Bottom