Recent content by TrickiDicki

  1. TrickiDicki

    THR Return to working-from-home arrangements - seating suggestions?

    Two months already, can you believe it??!! I am really excited to report back to the group that my recovery has been great! So much so that it's kinda hard to tell that I've even had an operation. I'm amazed! Just slightly weaker on the operated side, so after a decent walk I get a little bit...
  2. TrickiDicki

    THR Return to working-from-home arrangements - seating suggestions?

    Thanks for your experience. I figured it would be a while before the idea of sitting at the workstation on a regular chair would be practical
  3. TrickiDicki

    THR Return to working-from-home arrangements - seating suggestions?

    Hi gang 6 days after my R THR and all going well. In a month or so I'll need to think about returning to working-from-home and wondered if anyone had tips for seating? I am fortunate to have a semi-decent office chair and a variable-height sit/stand desk. I'm think that something that keeps the...
  4. TrickiDicki

    2021 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Number 2 THR for me, scheduled for this Saturday 16 Jan. Righthand side this time.
  5. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    I got a copy of the ultrasound report. The drug that was administered was Celestone Chronodose (Betamethasone) along with xylocaine local anesthetic. It would appear that side effects can include neurological, insomnia, fatigue etc...
  6. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    I think I'm having a negative effect to the cortisone shot. I had the cortisone shot on Tuesday. On Thursday I started feeling miserable and fatigued (which is unusual for me). The feeling has continued. Today is Sunday. I used Dr Google and found that cortisone shots can cause emotional...
  7. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    I've experienced the odd 'twang' sometimes when I lift my knee so concluded that it's not just inflamed. So I got an ultrasound today which appears to show one of the hip flexor tendons is fowling the prosthesis socket. Had a cortisone injection into the area. L THR 9 Jan 2015
  8. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    I didn't get much luck working with my physio :-/ However, working with my chiropractor and myotherapist we seem to be identifying the following: the muscles along the front of the thigh (possibly rectus femorus? not sure) aren't fully engaging. The iliopsoas seems to be engaging as part of a...
  9. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    So I've been getting some massage therapy on the Iliopsoas area and it seems to be providing some relief, however yesterday the therapist noted that the adductor seems to be compensating to help bring the leg forward. I've felt like I've struggled to bring the leg directly straight up since the...
  10. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    Thanks for the info. Seems a good match for my symptoms. The bad news from this piece is 'Most patients require surgical treatment to achieve successful resolution of symptoms...' broken link removed: https://bonefix.co.nz/portals/160/files/anterior%20impingement%20in%20thr.pdf :-( L THR 9 Jan...
  11. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    Nice detective work! But actually I haven't been doing much weight training because of the niggling issue although I really want to get back to it. I did post-op physio and another round of physio +6 months followed by some pilates but didn't find it was really addressing the issue. I'll do some...
  12. TrickiDicki

    THR Nearly 1 year post-op, niggling problem

    Hi guys I'd like your opinions and input on my current situation. I had my left hip THR in January this year and here we are mid-November, so best part of a year post-op. Procedure was lateral approach. No complications. However... I continue to have some pain in the DL4F area and weakness...
  13. TrickiDicki

    BJJ Players and total hip replacement

    Just my opinion... It's your body, your joint. You can decide what's right for you. But you'll also be deciding what trade offs you want to make and what to do to mitigate things. I'm mid 40s and I want my joint to last a long time so I'm not taking up long distance running or soccer. But I walk...
  14. TrickiDicki

    THR The road to recovery

    Just ticked over the 9 week mark. After frustration in the first few weeks, I'm delighted with my progress now. My hip now feels and works very close to 'normal'; it's now the other hip that's slowing me down. I've been able to clamber on rocks at the beach, ride bikes, walk on sand, mow the...
  15. TrickiDicki

    THR The road to recovery

    I had my 6 week check-up with the OS 4 days ago and got the all clear; all restrictions lifted. Its like a switch has been flicked. Today I put on my socks and tied my laces. First time in 7 weeks. I can walk without my cane. Maybe it's just a few days of sideways abduction exercises. Maybe it's...
Back
Top Bottom