Recent content by trav86

  1. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Thanks, benne68 and Jamie. HSS canceled my pain dr appointment because it was with the wrong pain dr—even tho he was the pain dr the HSS consultant recommended (!). Working on finding the right pain dr….
  2. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    I wasn’t planning to be back here, but was relieved to see forum still going strong! THR with Scott Marwin at NYU in 2015. I’ve had 9 very good years. I’m not a real athlete but I walk quite a lot and do yoga. Hiked a bit of the Grand Canyon in 2016. Normal weight (125), 69 years old. I used to...
  3. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    @Josephine I had been doing wonderfully well - as evidenced by the fact that I haven't been to the forum in months. As of last week, I've been feeling worse and worse. My mobility is still fine - no cane, no limp - but my hip hurts. It's a burning, deep internal pain. I went to see my surgeon...
  4. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Josephine, Suzette, donor et al Update - saw my surgeon yesterday. He thought the redness could be caused by some activity of the sutures beneath the skin. He said he used a kind of suture (can't remember the name - it begins with V) and that as it heals, it can sometimes irritate the skin. He...
  5. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    @Suzette My incision was never wet - I'm surprised to read that this is fairly common. Hope you're feeling wel! @copsham Infected incision doesn't equal infected hip - hmm, I hadn't thought of that. However, since I started the antibiotics three days ago, I've been having night sweats, which...
  6. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    @copsham Thanks - it's encouraging to hear of a good outcome! I'm continuing with the antibiotics and trying to be optimistic. My philosophy has always been 'don't put off worrying till tomorrow when you can do it today!' (Wish I could stop myself...)
  7. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    @Michegon @Sullivand Bilateral and Sullivand, Yes, you're right. I'm taking it very easy this weekend - resting and icing continuously. @Josephine Today, I have less redness and more swelling. The pressure of the swelling is causing some pain, more in hip E R6B - that is, it's moved a...
  8. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Hi Josephine - Thanks so much for your help. Hip Main pain location D/E RF1 - if I had to choose between D and E, I'd say it's at the very top of E. Today, the pain is running all the way down RF1 through E,F,G and H Knee Pain continues all down IT band RF1 A-H I'm so worried about this...
  9. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Josephine - see answers below 1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions Antero-lateral 2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst...
  10. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Jaycey, I was prescribed oxycodone, which made me feel nauseated and gave me a headache and was then switched to tramadol. I don't need it though - I don't really have pain and when I feel a little achey, Aleve works well. I take the subway to work which involves walking a little more than a...
  11. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    I've been doing well since my right THR 5/30/15 surgery. When I saw my surgeon 10 days post op, he said no restrictions. I started back at work at a little more than 3 weeks post op. I mostly sit at my job, and although my energy sometimes flags, working hasn't been a problem. I walk with a cane...
  12. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Question - I was walking with my walker this evening when I felt the hip-collapsing sensation I used to feel pre surgery. My hip didn't collapse, but this is worrying me. Has anyone had a similar experience? Per bonesmart suggestions, I'm taking it very easy, icing nearly constantly, doing...
  13. T

    THR Calcification problem - advice needed

    Hip Hooray, I am so enjoying your Brit wit! It sounds as if you're doing fantastically well. I am 6 days post op and spend most of my time obsessively reading these forums, watching TV on my iPad and falling asleep while watching TV on my iPad. I keep reading of the dread TEDs, thinking 'what be...
  14. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Yeah, I'll notify work next week. Last night, I decided to take two Percocet before bed because I was finally having some real pain. Didn't really work, and it gives me a vile headache, which seems like not a worthwhile trade off. I called surgeon's office and internist's office to see if I...
  15. T

    THR Pain 9 years after THR

    Teecup, I must not be in that much pain! I've been icing and horizontal more than upright, but I'm seriously swollen. Friends came with dinner tonight and after sitting for an hour I was completely worn out. I am under pressure to recover quickly - I started a new job two weeks before surgery...
Back
Top Bottom