Thank you for the interest.
It's obviously not a common issue following a knee replacement.
There was, I know from my shoe wear pattern, an existing deformity on the left which I catered for in my pre op gait and made walking doable . Now I'm straight on the right side it has thrown a...
So if there is anyone out there with knowledge of the proposed surgery for "cavo varus foot deformity with a tibialis posterior tendon transfer, first metatarsal osteotomy and a calcaneal osteotomy" and they have anything to share , please to let me know ?
This is for extreme supination in my...
Thanks Josephine but I am over my knee recovery and looking for specific advice/experience on a new issue of recovery relating to bad supination caused by the success of the knee operation.The post you're addressing was in February.
I would suggest that maybe the Forum advisors/administrators...
OK thanks for the response and sorting out the posting. As I understand it, the situation is that I've gone as far as I can with orthotics . I still have to see the surgeon and put a name to what procedure they are proposing.
TKR on right knee in January of this year. I am very happy with the result of that op.
Prior to surgery I had always supinated, I would say quite badly. Knee surgeon's notes quote a valgus deformity and windswept legs.
Post op I now have a very noticeable increased supination in my left foot...
For what it’s worth my thought would be to leave it as it is and stay with the stairs.Taken slowly and correctly with your crutch they are not that daunting. I don’t think they’ll discharge you until you feel able to manage stairs.
OK so this has to be slightly unusual in terms of shared roads travelled ..... I walked the Via de La Plata from Seville as far as Merida but family commitment meant I had to leave it there. Went back two years later to Merida and finished it on the bike. Don't know how popular it is now but...
Good luck on the 6th. There won't be any bone on bone once its done so you will have lost that source of pain and discomfort! I would echo Bionic's advice if you can do it without pain but if not then don't beat yourself up . Plenty of time for the bike later on in your recovery. Dont skip the...
Well done you ! Sounds like you're well on the way to being able to resume those activities you are looking forward to. Am trying your advice re disc under the heel - thanks. You're right the bike is a bonus but conscious that sometimes I should not spend so long on it. May have been a bit too...
Ok so having found this site when looking for what to expect at 6 weeks after TKR I’m probably a bit tardy in starting a recovery log but hey ho nothing ventured…..
My knees had been abused in earlier years by too much squash, football and skiing and carrying too much weight while doing those...
Just found this site on the weekend after doing a search looking for what to expect after 6 weeks following TKR.
In scrabbling around on the site I noticed that hill in your profile image , recognised it and then began to read your postings and am now up to date.
I have to say the slowly but...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.