Day 12 Post Op. Yesterday was my first day home and was tough. As much as I thought I was set up, there were many small struggles.
I realized I needed:
Spread sheet for medications. What's hard as a single person is that you'll be able to put one together quickly. There is no really quick, so...
Hi Joshphine,
Also, when talking to my Surgeon's PA, I can to understand that the Xarelto blood thinner and anti-Inflammatories are causing bruises all over my body, so I have stopped taking ibuprofen 800 mg 2 x daily while I have 2 Xarelto pills left.
Big mess, I now understand.
Thank you...
Part 2 Answers
"6. what kind of PT/exercises are you doing? How much and how often? (and detailed details would be appreciated, please! Reps, sets and session and all that)"
To get into a rehab facility in NYC you have to commit to 3 hours of physical and occupational therapy per day. This...
Hi Josephine,
Thank you for your reply. Please have patience, I am working from my iPhone.
"Am I to understand you had:
OxyContin ER - 12 hours 12 mg 1 X 8 hours, hydromorphine (Dilaudud) mg 4-6 mg. PRN, 1 x 2 hours, Ibuprofen 800 mg 1 x 8 hours and pregabalin 25 mg 3 x daily
Notes...
Hi BS friends, I have so much to catch up you up on but need some medication help currently. I have been on a very long drug list while in rehab:
Base pain relived: OxyContin ER - 12 hours 12 mg 1 X 8 hours
Breakthrough pain reliever: HYDROmorophine (Dilaudud) Mg 4-6 mg. PRN, 1 x 2...
Post op 6 days. Inpatient rehab.
Well, I made it. It's hard to know what side is up and what to do in the meantime. Checked out of Lenox on Monday late and into Mt Sinai for rehab.
The overall facilities are old, but the people have been almost universally warm and caring.
Trying to get...
Hi@jozilla! Thanks for replying so quickly. I done these exercises today.
1). Walked to/from the bathroom
2). Basic exercises 3x.
3). Sat on the edge of a hip chair for an hour.
I think the CPM hurt me yesterday, so iced all day in addition to the drug I'm taking and I today/I felt a little...
Day 3 post op. Legs look much less swollen than I anticipated. Everyone say my color looks good and I've had several deep naps today (thanks Dilauded!).
Went on the CPM machine yesterday for first and only time. They are really uncomfortable devices, the Dr. L's Fellow says no need to that I...
Thanks Iceman! I think today they finally got a plan together for my pain. Short and long acting pain control, although the nausea is still hanging around So I need to ask about that.
I was in the CPM machine exactly once and it shredded me. Now it's just heel slides which I'm grateful for...
2.41AM. Used bed pan for 2nd time. Good exercise for the ego. Nurses very compassionate. Legs woke up in all the rustling and took another does of Oxy. Will see pain management team in AM and OS to see if I can get more comfortable.
No wire anymore. Drains still in each knee plus IV line just...
Thank you @referee54, I'd love to learn that handshake! I will speak to the pain control in the in the AM. There must be a way to be more comfortable than I am now. I appreciate your suggestions; I picked up 3 of those cold packs for when I get home.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
8:45 PM
Has a busy, sleepy day. I transferred from the Telemetry unit now to the regular ortho floor. Interestingly, 2 of the nurses from my hip surrey are working with me tonight.
It thing I have done so far. I got out of the bed and took 10-12 steps to the door way and back. Did exercises...
Thanks @Ellejay. It's 5AM an I'm determined to stay positive! Their still working on my pain levels. Opted to try one dosage of Dilaudid with nausea meds to see if I can get more comfortable. It's clear the spinal is worn off and I have a good idea of what I'm working with. Knees feel like a...
12:07 AM. Surgery lasted for 2.5 hours. In recovery until 8PM. Now up in something called the Telemetry unit for closer observation.
Doc says perfect knees. He said my 2 knees had different needs. My left knee worn neutrally and my right one one from compensating left due to bad right hip...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.