Recent content by Toyon

  1. T

    TKR Knock Knee

    I have a knock knee issue and very successful surgery in June. No nerve damage. Now, however, my "good" knee hurts.
  2. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    I have a knock knee issue and very successful surgery in June. No nerve damage. Now, however, my " good " knee hurts. Has anyone had this happen? I posted this before . I would love to get a response. Thanks
  3. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, I had TKR in mid June and have recovered only to have pain in the front of my "good" knee. My doctor said he has no x-ray of that knee and can't give advice. My physical therapist has said that this is not uncommon for knee surgery patients. I have been using the spin bike more because we...
  4. T

    TKR Attempting Steps

    Because I have stairs in my home, my therapist started me off by stepping over and back using a 4 inch box. It was one of the most useful exercises that I did because it enabled me to go upstairs early in my recovery.
  5. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, my TKR was June 16 and fortunately I am doing well. I was released from out-patient PT last week. My therapist gave me a list of maintenance exercises (only about 30 minutes worth daily) but I forgot to ask how long I should continue them. I have good bend and extension and no pain, and I...
  6. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, I'm wondering how long most patients continue physical therapy. I've finished five weeks of twice weekly sessions. My doctor wants me to continue to work on improving flexion and extension over the next few weeks and see him again. The physical therapy seems beneficial but I don't know how...
  7. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, I don't find my name on the June thread...My tkr was June 16. The incision has healed but the area is very sensitive. I am uncomfortable with clothes rubbing over the incision. Has anyone found a way to manage this issue?
  8. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, I just wanted to check in about pain. During the day, I use ice, Tylenol and Aleve and small amounts of oxycodone. I'm using a pill cutter to reduce the amount of oxycodone, and I use it before PT and during the night. I'm concerned about the pain and when it will end or get better. I'm...
  9. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Hi, I've ordered a pill cutter from Amazon because I only have 12 oxycodone 5mg. tablets left and I figure that I need to wean myself off the drug. But I still need the oxycodone for pain. Any other suggestions? Thanks
  10. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Prior to knee replacement, I used CBD cream regularly for knee pain. I was told by PT not to use any cream or lotion in the knee cap region because it could penetrate. I'm interested if others have used any substance like this, and, if so, when in the recovery. Thanks
  11. T

    TKR Knee pain after surgery

    HI, I'm four weeks beyond total knee replacement surgery. I still have pain although it's lessening, and use oxycodone and tylenol and ice. I really love the ice machine! I've appreciated the support I've received at this recovery forum. Thanks guys!
  12. T

    TKR Knee pain after 4 weeks post op.

    Today is four weeks since my total knee replacement, and I enjoy a rest in bed at least once each day. It really helps me make it through the day.
  13. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    I feel so much better doing less of that physical therapy. Thanks
  14. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Thank you for all of your advice...I really need it to offset my PT. I have an appointment today with her and plan to try and switch to a supportive PT for future visits.
  15. T

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    I took a total rest day from exercises yesterday...did icing on and off throughout the day. I woke up practically pain free... Now I'm planning to rock back and forth on the stationery bike and do some gentle exercises. I'm still afraid because my surgeon ( before surgery) mentioned the idea of...
Back
Top Bottom