Recent content by TownieGirl

  1. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    hi @ Layla, Yes I am doing great thanks so much for the support!
  2. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    Hi @sistersinhim, it is a blessing thank you for reminding me. I have been focusing on the negative, it is a blessing when others give encouraging words.
  3. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    Hi @InkedMarie , yes it was, and thank you!
  4. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    To the moderator who removed the negative post, thank you so much!
  5. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    Hi @benne68 thanks for the suggestion. Will do !
  6. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    April 8, 2022 bilateral TKR 5 weeks out, developed lower back pain, went to the chiropractor 5/13 found the spot on my lower back, the dr thinks it is a tendon that runs along the spin. He adjusted my cane to make sure I was standing straight and fitted me with a back brace. I wear the back...
  7. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    @Roy Gardiner The BoneSmart view is that this is TOTAL RUBBISH and you can continue to improve without time limit. Thank you for letting me know that this is not true! If your leg is stiff and swollen then using an exercise bike for training is not a good idea; but you can still use one for...
  8. TownieGirl

    TKR Recovering from TKR 4/18 with NSAID allergy

    Hi there @niccisix “So now I'm about 2.5 weeks post-op, still on a walker,” I am four weeks out. I still use my Walker when I have to walk long distances because my quad muscle in my right knee is still not strong. I don’t want to chance falling. In my home I just started walking without...
  9. TownieGirl

    TKR DippyRascal's Recovery from TKR: young arthritis & hypermobility

    @Samsrf “This week (5 for me) there has been an exponential shift in energy. I finally feel more like myself, so hang in there. “ I am one week behind you and I am too feeling a little bit more like myself too and I am so grateful for that. My ROM is progressing slowly too but eventually I know...
  10. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    @Layla Hi Layla, I got the 20 minute icing from the doctors office, I will give it a try and ice longer. thanks!
  11. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    @JojoFitness thanks for encouraging words, yes I am getting better too. I have to keep that in mind giving myself time and to accept the pain as part of the healing process. Wishing you a speedy recovery, take care!
  12. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    @Jockette was taking the Tylenol at 1000 mg every 8 hours (3000 mg/ day) for 17 days straight had to stop because I developed the side effect of bad stomach pain. As soon as I stopped taking the Tylenol the pain went away in about two days. The Tylenol did not take away the stiff and tight...
  13. TownieGirl

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    @glidfloss, Glad to hear about your right knee is doing well but do relate to “ lots of ups and downs and in between. “ I agree not to complain but to focus on the positive. Looking forward to 5 months out.
  14. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    BTKR April 8, 2022. 4 weeks out. Left new is doing better than right knee. Wasn’t able to use my right leg much 3 months prior to TKR quad muscle is very week. Bruising was bad first 2 weeks entire leg and foot was purple. At week 4 bruising is gone however now the skin is flaking and itchy at...
  15. TownieGirl

    Bilateral TKR Week3 post-op

    @ski_bum I wish I had a Hot Tub!
Back
Top Bottom