Recent content by Touretteswalker

  1. T

    TKR Trying for the other side but landed on the fence

    To answer the earlier question, I have not been tested for allergies. And, the organisms were cultured from under my patella tendon during my muscle flap / skin graft surgery and were all very slow growing. They identified 3 different bacteria and adjusted my cocktail of antibiotics accordingly...
  2. T

    TKR Trying for the other side but landed on the fence

    I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary of having a knee replacement. I have a ROM of something like 65 degrees, maybe 70 if I have a couple of beers first and crank my knee rack torture device (Mackie brace) up a few turns, but basically not much more than that. I can’t do stairs, ladders, or...
  3. T

    TKR Trying for the other side but landed on the fence

    I am now 2 weeks until the one year anniversary of my TKR. First the good news: I have not shown any signs of an infection so far. Yeah. I had a manipulation (MUA) in mid-December which helped increase my ROM from 45 degrees to 50-60 or so. With that much bend I could walk very slowly with a...
  4. T

    TKR Trying for the other side but landed on the fence

    I thought I would update what is going on with me lately. I had a right TKR on June 10, 2014 followed by an incision that was still oozing at three weeks post-op so I was placed into the hospital on IV antibiotics for 6 days while they cultured fluid from my knee. This tested negative for...
  5. T

    TKR Trying for the other side but landed on the fence

    Before I start, I am so grateful for this site. I found it probably a month before my surgery and have read and learned so much in preparation for this adventure. History: I tore my right medial meniscus cartilage around 38 years ago now. At that time they surgically removed the cartilage so I...
  6. T

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    10 days post-op. Surgery on June 10, 2014
  7. T

    Toenails

    So I am 2 weeks out from surgery (where did all the time go?) and wanted to ask a toenail question. I read the “Pre-prep for the house and for you” suggestions that I should trim my toenails before surgery in case I can’t reach my foot afterwards. I now have that on my pre-surgery to-do list. So...
  8. T

    Scar gel

    So I am 4 weeks from having my right knee replaced. My doctor’s office made several referrals for things like blood work and an EKG. I assume they want to make sure I am healthy enough for surgery. The one item that confuses me is an order for “scar gel” from a compounding pharmacy in Boise...
  9. T

    Secondary effects of TKR?

    I tore my right medial meniscus when I was 17 years old. That was back in the 70’s when the solution was to remove the torn cartilage entirely. So not surprisingly, I started having knee issues a couple of decades ago and was told that I would eventually need a knee replacement but that I needed...
  10. T

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I’m a newbie and just joined. I am scheduled for surgery on June 10th. A lot apprehensive and at the same time excited to have a new (functioning) knee. 9 weeks from today and counting
Back
Top Bottom