Recent content by Tortmad

  1. T

    THR Swelling in Leg One Year After THR

    Yes of course I would be grateful for your advice.
  2. T

    THR Swelling in Leg One Year After THR

    At front its X R2F and back its V R2B the swelling is all of my leg all of the time, it never goes down or gets bigger, it just always stays the same size. Thank you.
  3. T

    THR Swelling in Leg One Year After THR

    Yes I did, it was with a nurse not the consultant. She was not too concerned about the swelling, she was more concerned about the leg difference and has arranged for me to see something to get an insole for my left shoe.
  4. T

    THR Swelling in Leg One Year After THR

    Thank you MammaT, I also get occasional pain in my buttock but I do appreciate that if I have had a long hard day at work I might have a bit of pain and that ok, but this swelling in my leg is excessive and never seems to go away.
  5. T

    THR Swelling in Leg One Year After THR

    Hi I had a RTHR in September last year. I would say I am about 95% back to normal. I have a slight leg difference which I am able to cope with and I will be getting an insole for my shoe to rectify this. My issue is I get occasional pain in my thigh at the front, about half way down and I...
  6. T

    THR 3 weeks post RTHR...a few questions

    @lulu150 I had my right hip replaced in September and I felt exactly the same as you with the leg difference and the pain it caused my other hip. I felt I had about an inch of a leg difference and it was really difficult. I noticed a massive difference when the swelling went down and this...
  7. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    Thank you. It is a relief to be at this point. I never thought I would be so happy to be able to put a sock on again and be able to walk the length of my street without stopping or crying after a day at work. This operation has been such a wonderful gift, even with the odd twinge.
  8. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    Hi everyone I had my 3 month review in December and the consultant thought the pain is due to muscle swelling. Since then I have come on great, I went back to work last week (3 day week 5 hours a day for a month). I have days where I have a bit of pain in my hip but I would say at worse it's a...
  9. T

    THR Surgery was yesterday and I am so ticked!!

    I had a replacement 11 weeks ago and I was the same as you I was upset that my operated leg felt about 2 inches longer than my good leg. I was told the same as you about posture etc. Only last week the swelling in my leg reduced a great deal and now my leg only feels slightly longer. The...
  10. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    I stopped doing those exercises. Now what I do is walk. I go out for a short walk every day. I felt really low few weeks ago. I felt that I had taken a few steps backwards but the other day I felt I had improved greatly. I was so pleased and I think the reason for the improvement was I noticed...
  11. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    Now I'm really worried!!! Was at my GP today and I spoke to him about pain I have at the top of my thigh and my buttock. He said it sounds like there is a problem with my hip replacement. I'm trying not to panic because this is the GP that told me I had mild arthritis when I was bone on...
  12. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    My follow up app is not until the middle of December. I will contact my gp again about my medication. Thank you.
  13. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    I have cut down my activity because people thought I was doing too much. I am elevating all the time when lying down and icing a lot more than I was. I really don't understand why I have taken a step back.
  14. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    I saw my GP and he changed my meds slightly. I am taking 2 30/500 co cocodamol up to 8 a day and he changed the diclofenic to 2 ibuprofen 400 mg 4 times a day. I have been taking this combination for a few weeks now and I feel I have taken a few steps back. I am in more pain now than I have...
  15. T

    THR Relieved it's over<

    Thanks for the advice - I checked my meds label and it says (for co codomol) 2 every 4 hours. I am going to the gp tomorrow as I need a sick note for work and I will ask him about the meds then. I will ice more and for longer and I didn't think I was doing too much every day. I will cut it...
Back
Top Bottom