Recent content by Tori-1972

  1. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    Thanks @Josephine. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    @Josephine - if/when you get a moment, I was wondering if you had any advice about a new situation I'm encountering. When I cough, sneeze, bear down while using the toilet - There is a sharp, painful, tug along the front of my hip. It only lasts as long as the pressure is there, and I can...
  3. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    @Dmcfad2 - Mobic is the brand name for Meloxicam, right? I got the OK to restart that after I stop all blood thinners (taking those prophylactic for DVT). @sharonslp - no one has mentioned Celebrex yet- if this round of steroids doesn't help - I will for sure ask for some!
  4. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    Hi guys! So I'm 3.5 weeks out... My 2 week check up with surgeon involved an X-ray, removal of the staples, and a quick review of the rules... He said I'm doing great and each day would get better. I questioned when I would be able to. Take NSAIDs again, only for the arthritis pain I'm having...
  5. Tori-1972

    2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    I also had right THR on April 7th.
  6. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    I was only taking one tramadol 50mg- I will try 2. Thanks everyone for the suggestions- I'll keep searching for that comfy position.
  7. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    I've read the suggested "newbie" articles, along with many more... Again, thank you so much for your efforts! Do you mean other than the 2 in my original post? (hydrocodone/apap 10/325 - two every 4 hours; and tramadol, one every 6 hours)- I'm not taking anything other than two EC Asprin, as...
  8. Tori-1972

    THR Tori- April 7, 2014 - right hip (verilast)

    Hello BoneSmart! I found your wonderful forums 2 days ago while researching managing my post-operative pain. What a wealth of information! I figured I would start a recovery thread, I case I have questions I can't find answers to in other threads. As of today, I'm 11 days post-op and have had...
  9. Tori-1972

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Yep- right hip done 4/7/2014 and my right knee is very achey and sore!
Back
Top Bottom