Recent content by Tomsgirl

  1. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    I am now 13 wks post- op and I have finally started to feel better! I stopped out patient PT 2 wks ago and began doing just the gentle stretches and exercise bike for 10 min at home, what a difference, the ITband is finally getting better and my knee is no longer painful and swollen like it was...
  2. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    Josephine, sorry I left out 10 reps in each set, and as far as the pain (maybe I undervalued it a bit) more like a 4-5 on the pain scale. Thanks, Sheryl
  3. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    I use a roller at home and after my PT session is over she does a deep tissue massage to the area, very painful when she starts but does feel better after she's done. I've cancelled PT for the next week and am just doing the stretches and stationary bike at home to see how it feels over the...
  4. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    Hi Josephine, To answer your questions 1. Pain levels are usually 1-2 , no pain at all when sitting or lying down about a 2 from the stiffness when I'm ambulating 2. I have OxyContin 10mg 1 every 12 hrs Percocet 3/325 1 every 4hr for breakthrough pain voltaren 75mg 1 every 12 hrs for swelling...
  5. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    I'm 11wks post-op and still having a stiff feeling around the knee when walking. The stiff feeling is not there when I'm off my leg only with ambulating. When will the stiffness go away? I don't remember the stiffness at this point of my RTKR, but this LTKR is taking its time healing and I'm...
  6. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    I have a question, I have a sharp pain on the lateral side of my LTKR when walking. I did have that same pain (along the ITBand) right after the surgery with certain movements but it resolved itself by 4 wks post-op. At my 1month follow-up the X-rays showed that everything was seated well and...
  7. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    6 wks post op and waiting for this recovery to be done. Went out with friends for lunch and to shop only able to tolerate walking around for 1 hour before I had to go home to ice and elevate. I'm no longer using a cane at home but out in public I do, due to stiffness in the knee when I'm on it...
  8. Tomsgirl

    TKR My replacement

    Hi Donna, I am one day after you post-op, and I too am still taking pain meds after PT and dealing with the swelling. I go to PT 2x a wk and when doing the therapist helps with the stretches and bend she ALWAYS tells me to let her know when she reaches the point of discomfort not pain. My OS...
  9. Tomsgirl

    TKR TKR March 18 I need a pep talk

    I agree PT is hindering your progress, I'm just at 5 wks and there is NO WAY I would do anything with a weight on my new knee let alone doing it on your tummy! (Just the thought of what your are being pushed to do hurts). Take it easy on yourself just rest, ice, elevate and pain medicate round...
  10. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    Saw my OS yesterday for the 1month f/u flex of 100 ext 0 says everything in the X-Ray looks great! So I decided to do a little grocery shopping with my husband, 3 loads of laundry, and cook dinner...needless to say my knee is saying STOP. Today I'm having a woe is me day with ice, elevating...
  11. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    Three and a half weeks post-op now and I finally got out of the house for a short trip to Walmart last night with my husband, got home and immediately iced and elevated my knee. Not much discomfort at all, so I had the bright idea to go out again today, needless to say my knee is speaking to me...
  12. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    2½ wks post op and I can now do a straight leg raise off the bed... only about 6 inches but I'm doing it! This time the recovery seems to be going a lot slower than it did with my RTKR, but then again I really don't remember much the first 3wks except rest, ice, elevate, pain meds. Looking...
  13. Tomsgirl

    TKR The roller coaster ride begins again

    I'm one week out from LTKR ( 3-25-14 ) and I feel all I do is take pain meds and sleep. I've started passive range of motion exercises and am having trouble raising my left leg, it's like my thigh is actively involved but below the knee is saying no way. My PT is encouraging saying that it...
  14. Tomsgirl

    TKR Really swollen

    60's mom I just read your thread and your pain sounds exactly like what I experienced today. I've rested it for most of the day I think I'll give it a week to see if it goes away then I'll call my OS and make an appt. I'll keep you in my prayers that you don't need mother surgery too. Ski...
  15. Tomsgirl

    TKR Really swollen

    Hi everyone, Just to update I am now almost 4 mos post-op and have stopped out patient PT. I am doing the bike and exercises at home since going back to work 3 wks ago. I only work 2 days a wk but I'm a PACU nurse so I'm on my feet all day pushing and pulling stretchers etc. anyway I...
Back
Top Bottom