Recent content by Tnbelle

  1. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    DebR, I have been working my donkey off! I have not had the time to look at my e-mails. I have been using the shin supports and a back support. I am allergic to latex and these items have latex in them, so when I get home I scratch myself silly....then put hydrocortisone cream on it and take...
  2. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Hard for me to stay on my feet 12 hrs... But glad you are feeling better!
  3. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Did you ever try the back brace?
  4. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    I'm still fatigued, but much better. It gets better each week for me. I also will just keep plugging on.
  5. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    DebR, my knee felt awful until I got the shin sleeve. Now, it is still there but manageable.
  6. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    DebR, yes, it does wrap around and can be worn under your clothes. It is called the "Adult Deluxe Back Stabilizer". Good luck with your back, maybe this can help.
  7. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    The shin compression sleeve worked well for me. Also got a lower back support from Walgreens to wear due to weight being shifted around due to my shifting weight when limping around with the shin pain. The combination of the two support devices worked very well.
  8. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    I went out today and bought a shin compression sleeve from Sports Academy. Hope it will work. I will let you know.
  9. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Hi Kolleen, I shower and go to bed right away when I get home from work. My days are 12hrs and I am exhausted afterward. It is rough working as a nurse of any specialty. Hopefully, I will be getting better soon. I know my liver enzymes are elevated due to bone healing. That is a good idea about...
  10. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    DebR, Work was not as painful as I thought it would be. The problem was crushing fatigue accompanied by nausea and vomiting. I constantly walk 3 city blocks on 8 floors and must stand in one position for up to 2 hours during a PICC placement. My pain tolerance is very high, but the pain meds...
  11. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Bottomshollow, thanks for the great avatar!!
  12. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Leeway, you are right, we sometimes are the most stubborn as we tend to think we should be immune to all the shortcomings we think we see in our patients. Maybe we all need to re-evaluate. I don't know why we are like this, but we are.
  13. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Thanks Deb R, going back to work tomorrow, which I feel is about a month too early. But, in this economic climate, it is unfortunately necessary (oh the things you do for money!). I was worried about the stress fracture issue as I am over weight. Right now the shin pain is better, but I suspect...
  14. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    I mean bottomshollow.
  15. Tnbelle

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    Thanks, bottoms hollow.
Back
Top Bottom