Recent content by TKRsharon

  1. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    benne68 - Thank you so much for reaching out! I have been doing very well, thank you. I have the ice packs if I need them and sit when I have to. I actually feel better at work, I think because my mind is busy. Wednesday is the last day of class. I am hoping to be able to visit my daughter in...
  2. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I have some good packs I keep in an insulated bag. If I need to, I can put them in the freezer in the teachers' room, but so far, they have been good.
  3. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    Layla, thank you for your kind words. I had a wonderful first day back! Some of my colleagues and class surprised me with a Welcome Back breakfast. It felt so good to be back at work. I did well and was exhausted by the end of the day. The ice packs came in very handy.
  4. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    Thank you. I am going back to work tomorrow to finish up the school year. Bringing icepacks. Hope all goes well. Not really all healed up - have a long road for that, but I need to do this.
  5. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I have to wear skirts or dresses to work so that works. I have some light weight skirts I could wear instead of shorts until this resolves itself. Thank you for your help.
  6. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I agree with that. I found something at the e pharmacy - it's a gauze -like, tube, a little stretchy and not tight and comes on a roll. You cut off what you need and it will hold bandage on without tape. I'll try that. Or, I can also do what you suggest. I am not a sun worshipper, but I do...
  7. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I guess that is what I will have to wear although I think it will cause the same rubbing problem. I tried the plastic wrap and it was not helpful. I have been rubbing the knee: it helps a bit at that moment. Thank you for your help. I guess it will pass with time.
  8. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question about the pain on the skin of my operated knee. I can not stand to have anything touching it which makes it difficult to wear pants - even soft pants.The pain is awful. I usually have that pant leg pulled up. Even the sheet is unbearable. I am...
  9. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    Benne68 - Thank you
  10. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    Thanks for your reply. Actually, after some practice, (in the tub w/o water,) I was able to take a bath this morning. It is easier to get out of the tub than to get off the floor! I have to keep working on that.
  11. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    I have not been on for a while and thought I'd give a fast update. The first 2-3 weeks were rough, but I made it through. I am just 6 weeks post - op. I have 0 degree extension and 120 + bend. Surgeon said 125 degrees is a goal - no more with this appliance. Still have that awful tight feeling...
  12. T

    TKR TKRsharon

    Hi and thanks for reaching out. Yes, I had my surgery on April 3rd. My recovery this time can not even be compared to the first one 4 years ago. That was a brutal experience and the reason why I waited 4 years. I am sure some of it has to do with the technique (Robotic assist this time) and a...
  13. T

    TKR TKRsharon's Recovery

    Today was not bad. In some pain now but that's to be expected after a long day. Took a pain killer and hope to get a little sleep. Anyone ever hear of the "Quiet Knee" approach to rehab? Similar to BoneSmart's approach. Tomorrow's goal is to take a shower. Hope everyone has a restful, pain free...
  14. T

    TKR 5 Weeks Post TKR

    I am glad your recovery is going smoothly and you have such a lovely trip to look forward to. PLease keep us updated on the knee as well as the trip. Enjoy!
  15. T

    TKR Okay guys, getting a little weirded out here

    Hope you are resting and doing well. Wishing you a calm, uneventful recovery. I am one week ahead of you.
Back
Top Bottom