Recent content by Tkrrecovery2022

  1. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Update. 2nd stage revision (hopefully final) surgery was 18 June. Just arrived back home after a week in hospital. Very sore & stiff however so far so good. On antibiotics for another 2 weeks whilst the Infectious disease team monitor tissue & bone sample cultures taken during surgery. Blood...
  2. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    The US OS never suggested bloodwork. However, post 1st stage of revision I have weekly blood test that certain markers are checked by the Infectious Disease team to ensure the antibiotics are effective. BTW they tested the bone & tissue removed from the revision surgery (they grow cultures to...
  3. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    They can not really tell, However they suggest the infection has been around from the early stages. I started having concerns around the 8 week post op stage. (When I started posting)
  4. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Hi It's been a long while since I last updated. However here it goes. August 2023, I visited my US OS in Allen TX for a checkup & he suggested that the knee may be infected & took X-Rays & a sample of fluid for analysis (don't know why he had not done this previously when the knee was stiff &...
  5. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    12 month update. Back in Australia for a few months. Had a checkup with OS & X-ray prior to leaving US. All ok according to OS. However, still sore, stiff & still can not get completely straight. OS said could be up to 18 months. Other knee beginning to also become painful. Feels like a never...
  6. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Thanks for the replies. We did have servers weather a week or so ago. In regards to the hamstring exercises. The new PT I visited a few weeks ago suggested I needed to improve extension what was affecting my walking. I can lay off for a few days and see what happens
  7. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    9 month update. Last week I thought I had turned a corner. I have been focusing on hamstring stretches several times a day & my walking seemed to be improving & swelling appeared to reduce & I was ecstatic with the improvement. Last few days however my knee is stiff, swollen & painful in certain...
  8. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Update. Back in the US now for a month and still having issues. Been quite painful any annoying lately and just when I think I am improving I seem to get disappointed. Walking and certain exercises are quite difficult Decided to visit another PT today on recommendation from a colleague. Knee...
  9. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    No, only the continued swelling, warmth and soreness. My walking and flex seems to be improving. I think he just had to inform me of the risk?
  10. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    No. He said that it is soft tissue and nothing under knee cop. Hie is suggesting it is probably just over use and wants me to keep an eye on it
  11. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Today I fly from Dallas back to Australia to visit family for Christmas 17 hr flight. Knee still fairly sore with some day’s better than others. Visited OPS last week for 6 month check and he said ROM good however need to work on fully straightening. Knee is slightly swollen and warm after...
  12. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Yes definitely frustrating. My head is rearing to go. But my knee says no. Doesn’t seem to take much to upset it even after 5 months & once it gets upset it takes days to calm down
  13. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    5 months post operation now. Swelling now minimal and ROM improved. Still painful however when I walk (pain mainly below knee cap left hand side) and after exercise. Knee is easily upset and lacks strength. Not sure what the best exercise is now if any?
  14. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    Quite happy with the ROM now and not stressed anymore after all of your comments. Frustrating piece is the pain when walking and finding the right level of exercise and stretching. Currently 15 minutes on the exercise bike followed by 20 minutes in the hot tub stretching and bending. Minimal...
  15. Tkrrecovery2022

    Knee Infection* My 8 week post operation setback

    16 week post operation check up with OS last Friday. Knee still swollen and ROM 110 degrees & he was concerned that it should be at least 120 degrees. My concern was that it is painful when I walk and I can’t seem to get rid of the limp. He suggested that is normal and wants me back for a check...
Back
Top Bottom