Recent content by tkrmarch11

  1. tkrmarch11

    TKR Over a year - RTKR 3/11/2013

    Still stiff. Slightly swollen, one inch diameter circle on right side of right knee. Is it too late for more PT? Thank you.
  2. tkrmarch11

    TKR Pain on the other side (literally)

    It will take a long time. 6 weeks is a drop in the bucket. Don't be hard on yourself. Get plenty of rest, ice, elevate. Knee replacement is one of the hardest things I have done in my life. Keep your spirits up.
  3. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Midwest knees, thank you very much for responding. I am off the gabapentin now and just using ibuprofen but as Josephine said, have to be careful with ibuprofen and I am very careful. The Ibuprofen gives me more relief than Tylenol. I agree it is a very, very long convalescence. It has been...
  4. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Good idea and I agree.
  5. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Tim C., So true about getting ready for work day, etc. Plus getting used to work place again after absence and changes that occurred. Co-workers are super. After 5 hours or so and a couple of errands, I am ready for rest, elevation and ice. Thank you.
  6. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Josephine, you are right. I am on a phased return. 5 hours a day through end of July.
  7. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Skigirl, thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate it. Have been sleeping with pillow between legs and when I ice I elevate. Will give elevation when sleeping a try. I always thought I owned too many pillows. Now I am so glad to have them all. Appreciate the feedback.
  8. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Josephine, thank you so much for responding. I will read your suggested items. The support means so much to me.
  9. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Any suggestions for getting a good night' sleep without using Gabapentin would be much appreciated. Did I do this correctly for asking my 2nd question. Theads and postings are new to me. I am on Facebook but don't even remember how I did that. Thank you. I have been reading instructions on...
  10. tkrmarch11

    TKR Reached the other side

    You are right. This forum is a godsend. Hang in there, it does get better but even then, there are more questions. Best wishes to you.
  11. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    Thank you so much for your suggestion. I appreciate it.
  12. tkrmarch11

    TKR Elevating When Sleeping?

    First, thank you very much for such reassuring information. TKR 3/11/13. Right knee. Now slight to moderate swelling. Stiffness. Some numbess on right side of right knee. Patch of hard fluid/swelling on right side of knee. Thanks to Bonesmart, elevate much more frequently. Ice when pain...
  13. tkrmarch11

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Found Bonesmart last week. What a comfort. TKR 3/11. Just returned to work 6/12. Love ice and elevating. Best to you all. Thank you for sharing. A. In Western Massachusetts
Back
Top Bottom