Recent content by Tkdbob

  1. T

    Shoulder pain 15 years after normal TSR.

    Anyone here have a revision to a normal TSR many years after successful surgery? Left TSR 2006 Right TSR 2008 Right THR 2013 Left THR 2017 Projected bilateral knee replacement 2024.
  2. T

    TKR Soon Open For Business

    Like me many people had their surgery postponed, well sounds like it will be back to business in a few weeks or so. It’s been recommended that elective outpatient surgery be resumed where feasible. Back in business folks!
  3. T

    TKR TKR - March 11, 2020

    You need to hit the therapist in the knee with a hammer then tell him or her to work through the pain.
  4. T

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Glad to hear everything is good!
  5. T

    TKR My TKR in 10 days/ Coronavirus. Am very nervous

    Maplemarm: I discussed my cancelled surgery for knee replacements with my surgeons scheduler and she said they are canceling post op appointments. I would call your surgeons office and ask if there is any concern about skipping the appointment. They will probably tell you if you are not...
  6. T

    TKR Surgery cancelled today!

    With all the lockdowns going on I’m very concerned there will be a population explosion in 9 months!
  7. T

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Give us an update as soon as possible.
  8. T

    TKR Surgery cancelled today!

    You aren’t alone, mine is cancelled for 3/18/2020. I was thinking of postponing anyway due to the coronavirus. June in Michigan is better than March anyway, more motivation to get outside and walk and just makes for a better environment to rehab. Midas well look at the bright side, not much I...
  9. T

    Bilateral TKR Counting down!

    I’m envious, Wednesday was my day for both knees but at the moment it’s not looking good for it to happen, tomorrow I should know for sure. Wishing you the best for your new knees tomorrow!
  10. T

    TKR My TKR in 10 days/ Coronavirus. Am very nervous

    I was told yesterday I need to see a cardiologist because my stress test shows a mild blockage which may be nothing to worry about but there goes my surgery for March 18, 2020. Also, the Surgeon General asked all hospitals to think about delaying elective surgery. With the virus ramping up in...
  11. T

    TKR New to TKR world

    I’m told by my surgeon no limitations. Call your surgeons office on Monday but you need to use it to help prevent blood clots.
  12. T

    TKR My TKR in 10 days/ Coronavirus. Am very nervous

    I’m having simultaneous bilateral knees on 3/18/2020 just two days after you. I too was thinking about my surgery and the coronavirus. I only plan on possibly cancelling if there are cases reported at the hospital where my surgery will be performed. The hospital will have to convince me it’s...
  13. T

    THR Skateboarding and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu after Hip Surgery

    I have a Birmingham resurfaced hip and a traditional hip. Having practiced taekwondo for over 40 years I do butterflies, splits, head kicks, what ever I want. I can tell you that the traditional hip works slightly better than the resurfaced hip only because when I do sitting splits and turn to...
  14. T

    TKR After 2nd TKR

    Lindylee, Did you ask your doctor if it’s ok to wrap your knee with clingfilm? Just curious, I’m planning for my simultaneous bilateral next week.
Back
Top Bottom