Recent content by Titianlady

  1. Titianlady

    TKR Need advice from the pros

    @Josephine the chiropractic I went to since 1982 finally retired and I am looking to find one here that I not only trust, but one who does the things needed. Once I find one, away I go!! I have always had wonderful results when I went to my chiropractor on a regular maintenance schedule.
  2. Titianlady

    TKR Need advice from the pros

    @Josephine thank you for the info Jo..no, I am not doing any Pt... The total upper leg going completely numb worries me. It is not right, and the nerve pain when it starts to "wake up" is dreadful. My kneecap feels like someone is holding it and always tugging at it. That has gotten worse in...
  3. Titianlady

    TKR Medicare denial of coverage for certain lab tests

    I had my tests covered by Medicare as they were coded as pre surgical tests, not routine testing. See if you can get the coding changed to a pre surgical clearance testing. This sometimes happens when primary doctors order the actual tests..their business/billing office codes the tests as...
  4. Titianlady

    TKR Need advice from the pros

    Thanks @Josephine .. On the hip chart it is FR2F, GR2F, HR2F. On the knee chart it is Front- DRF1 and RF2 and then the back it is E and F RB2, RB2 and RB1. The entire front of my thigh goes numb from the top of the thigh to the top of the knee.
  5. Titianlady

    TKR Need advice from the pros

    Well, here it is almost two years after my left tkr and I need some advice. My kneecap feels like it is not all the way on..also feels like I have bungee cords that are too short under my kneecap pulling at it all the time. I am hoping I don't have scar tissue forming under the kneecap. It is...
  6. Titianlady

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    Ohh, Josephine, I feel terrible knowing you are so at your wits end that you broke down in tears. There is nothing more taxing than unrelenting pain and discomfort. I hope the Gabapentin is the thing that works for you. This knee is being a stinker. I've noticed you have said you are mostly...
  7. Titianlady

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    Jo, could all this temp problem, and ill feeling be your body telling you that even though you knee is doing well that it needs to take it easier. So much healing trying to go on that maybe your body is just tired. I remember at about 4 weeks feeling good and went out for a shopping run. Went...
  8. Titianlady

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    Oh,my goodness Josephine,you sure are having a time of it. But we two knee folks sure know that the first knee recovery can go fairly smoothly and that second one be a bit of a stinker! Happened to me..first one was a jewel recovery wise and second did everything the first one didn't! Now...
  9. Titianlady

    Bilateral TKR 9 week post op frustration...help!

    Oh, sweetie, don't live by those numbers!!! It will drive you crazy!! The harder you try to get them to change with over effort, the more you may set yourself back actually. It seems that your extension is the number that is concerning you. Depending on how much work the surgeon had to do...
  10. Titianlady

    Bilateral TKR 9 week post op frustration...help!

    With my first knee replacement, it took me a few weeks to get my extension to 0. I was stuck at 2 for some time. I was fortunate to have a PT that could have come right from BoneSmart! The only exercise he gave me to increase my extension was to lay on my back and put a small rolled up towel...
  11. Titianlady

    Just told I need TKR

    I agree that no one should suffer. Actually, if the surgeon knows you take pre op pain meds, he would know that you need stronger post op pain meds and should be able to do that for you!! Just because you are tolerant doesn't mean you won't get your pain under control after surgery. I had a...
  12. Titianlady

    Just told I need TKR

    I was on pain meds for months before my first TKR because of the horrible pain caused by the bone on bone, and tendons that were stretching in all the wrong directions. My surgeon did tell me that since I was on pain meds, my body had gotten used to the pain meds, and that post op pain relief...
  13. Titianlady

    Hello to all the new members!

    :hi::hi: @new knee in June. Hi Diana!!! Yes, all is well!! Walking for miles and doing just fine!! So glad to hear you're doing well too!! I've been away far too long. @Clipless Hi there sweetie!! Yes, recovery is certainly different from anything we may have experienced before Just...
  14. Titianlady

    Hello to all the new members!

    Hi @Pumpkln ! How are you doing since your revision? It's been so long since I've posted
  15. Titianlady

    Hello to all the new members!

    Hello everyone! I've been MIA for far too long! I've been reading the new threads and would like to say welcome to all the great new members. My knees are wonderful..just took more time for things to resolve with my left one. It is now 100% To all those new to recovery..you couldn't be at...
Back
Top Bottom