Recent content by TinAB

  1. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Jamie @Layla Thank you both. I chickened out on physio but said I'll call back tomorrow so I will. It's very nice to have someone to talk to who understands. Will post again next week.
  2. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    Well, it's very difficult to not overdo. I found I was having pain around my hips and groin especially in the morning and upon standing up. So stopped all those exercises. That pain has gone, but now I have a very sore knee which I think has happened from walking too much and not sitting down...
  3. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    Thanks, I have been resting. Will take your advice. @Jamie @EalingGran
  4. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    Show was great, everything went well. Over the course of the day though I overdid things and yesterday was in pain. Better today. Will do some of my exercises today. @Layla
  5. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Layla I'm very familiar with our concert hall and will be with family. Not a lot of walking, but am being careful. It's not the symphony, it's a Michael Jackson HIStory show! Saw it last Summer and it was fantastic!. Will check in after. It's my 2nd time out other than doctor and physio...
  6. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Layla Following up. Saw surgeon on Monday. Xrays showed slow healing which was a bit disappointing, but he did tell me to put weight on now. I've been using a cane the last few days, increasing steps, just in the house. A little sore especially after the exercises, but okay. I'm determined to...
  7. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @DJL1967 Thank you for posting. That sounds terrible, with the back injury too! Happy you have recovered so well. Sorry about your hip, that worries me too.
  8. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Jamie Dr Weber at University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton. He's incredibly nice and good looking too! Seeing him again on Monday.
  9. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Jockette The surgery was 16th December, thanks.
  10. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Layla great info! Thank you. Thought I would attach xray from 2 weeks. Looking forward to 10 week ones next Monday. I think my leg is shorter. PT says we'll address that later.
  11. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Jamie Still a bit numb front thigh and side of knee. Had a nerve block for surgery. Really no pain at fracture site. Pain now around hips/ groin from exercises but not enough to take pills. Main soreness is in knee. My thigh is a bit swollen still all the way up and inside of knee. Yesterday...
  12. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    @Layla thank you very much for your reply. On looking at the Insider extras, I see that the Basic should give access to the website articles. Do these include the recovery guidelines? If so maybe it's my phone? If not I'll go with a one month membership to start. I found Bonesmart immensely...
  13. TinAB

    TKR Spiral fracture above TKR

    Hi again it's been 4 years and I have a TKR related problem. On 15th December I slipped on ice and suffered a spiral fracture of my left femur just above my 6 year old left TKR. I was petrified it was damaged but no. I had a rod inserted through my TKR all the way up to the hip with screws to...
  14. TinAB

    TKR New Moon's Recovery Thread

    NewMoon the sleep thing is a real pita isn't it? I am 10 weeks out and can finally sleep on both sides but the knee still wakes me a few times a night. However usually I just need to straighten it and change position and can go back to sleep. So much better than 4 weeks ago when I was still...
  15. TinAB

    TKR Zilretta

    @TKRsharon Hi. My right TKR was on 1st October so am 2 wks ahead of you. At nearly 4 weeks I went to PT and the week after and the week after that. I know my PT and like him but I was so sore afterwards I have stopped going. I do heel slides everyday just 5 or so at a time. Some other home...
Back
Top Bottom