Recent content by Tiger Fan

  1. T

    Five Weeks Post Op

    I wish I could say I feel a lot better, but in some ways I feel like I'm going backwards. I started out patient PT yesterday. I went to this PT prior to surgery. He told me my in home therapy was too aggressive. I have a lot of swelling. My measurements were not good . I've tried to exist...
  2. T

    Bilateral TKR 4 Weeks Post Op

    I will be three weeks tomorrow. I have stiffness also. I feel the back of my knee is sort of puffy compared to my good knee. It was that way before surgery. I think it just takes time.
  3. T

    Five Weeks Post Op

    I was just wondering if anyone else has trouble with heel slides. They are so painful and I can't slide that far. Do they eventually get easier?
  4. T

    TKR Home Sweet Home

    It sounds like you are doing better. That thrush can be painful. Both my brother and sister have had it. PT came yesterday. I finally felt I had therapy. She said I have a long ways to go on extension. It was really bad before surgery, so I sort of figured it would be a problem. Today we...
  5. T

    TKR Home Sweet Home

    I've been home since Saturday afternoon. I didn't walk in the hall until Friday afternoon. I had to get a unit of blood on Friday , so that kept me in bed longer. I'm doing pretty good. PT came on Monday afternoon. She isn't coming back until tomorrow. A nurse came by yesterday to check my...
  6. T

    Five Weeks Post Op

    Believe it or not, I slept quite well last night. I'm not hooked up to anything so that feels good. The OT said I did an excellent job dressing. I got to see my incision this morning. It wasn't black and blue. What I like best is the machine they have me on. It ices and compresses at the...
  7. T

    Five Weeks Post Op

    Surgery went pretty well. I ended up with a general because one blood test number was too high and they didn't want to take a chance of a hematoma. The surgery took 40 minutes. I had to have blood today so that set things back a bit. I did walk down the hall today. They still plan on sending...
  8. T

    Got the call

    I'm to be at the hospital at 5:45. Surgery is scheduled for 7:15. I'm happy I don't have to sit around all day.
  9. T

    Shaving

    This may be a silly question, but is the shaving rule mainly for the legs? I'm having a haircut this morning and she usually shaves the nap of my neck. Is that OK, or should I say no shaver?
  10. T

    2 Days Away

    The waiting is almost over. I think waiting is the hardest part. The pre-op nurse said to stay away from crowds the last week because there is a lot of crude going around . I don' t want this postponed. So, I have't been out of the house. We did have ice this past weekend, so no one was going...
  11. T

    Blood Clot Prevention

    I'm just going to wait and see what the surgeon and internal medicine doctor say on Thursday. Eight years ago I was on heperin and then Coumadin. I had no problems. I just worry about side affects from new drugs. The internal medicine doctor did say that if you begin having bleeding problems...
  12. T

    Spinal or general?

    I've read that it can be more dangerous if you have a spinal and then are put on xarelto. Any one have both?
  13. T

    Spinal or general?

    Did you have a spinal or general?
  14. T

    Anyone take Xarelto(rivaroxaban) for blood clot prevention?

    I'm scheduled for surgery on 3/6. I had my pre-op this week. I'm a bit concerned about blood clots as I had a clot behind my knee 8 years ago. The internal medicine doctor talked about using Xarelto. I'm wondering if some of you were put on this to prevent clots? Did you have any problems?
  15. T

    One week from today

    The time is getting closer. I had my pre-op on Tuesday. It looks like my doctor sends you home 2days after surgery. I thought I would go home on Sunday, but it looks like Saturday if all things go as planned. They will send home an ice machine. I will be using a CPM machine at the hospital...
Back
Top Bottom