Recent content by ThrInOntario

  1. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    For me, the THR seems to be a wake up call. I have been working at a well paying career, that I just admitted to myself, I hate. I want to try to something new, but am also afraid. I don’t want to finish my working years being worn daily with work that drains me and serves no purpose to the...
  2. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Has the THR triggered you to reevaluate life? I am a year post operation now for one hip and will eventually need to have the other hip done. Been back at work since week 6 and it’s becoming clear I don't enjoy it after many years in the the career. The THR reminds me that I am no longer young...
  3. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Update on CBD gummy. I tried another one over the weekend, and the gummy seemed to keep me up. So my advice is to not use the gummy if you are trying to sleep. In other news, I walked my dog without using my cane for the first time yesterday. Walked about 700m. I still can't walk much more...
  4. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    So I tried a CBD gummy before sleeping last night. Note, I am in Canada, and it is perfectly legal. Anyways, it didn’t help with getting to sleep, but I slept through the night without waking at 3am as I had in the past couple of weeks. What may be of interest to folks here, is that there is...
  5. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Hi Everyone, I think this is normal, but thought I would ask for your experience. In week 6 post op now. When I get up from seating more than 30 minutes or so, or from bed first thing, my operated on hip feels stiff / slight painful. It’s certainly less painful than pre surgery, but the pain is...
  6. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Hi @JusticeRider , What do you think of Warrior 1 and 2. Both were difficult for me before surgery, particularly the transitions. I am 6 weeks post op and have not done lower body stretches yet.
  7. T

    THR Update 9 months post op...

    I had my second post op appointment with my surgeon today in week 6. For me, he is advising against physio because of the extensive work he had to do to fit the implant. Instead, I walk daily, and in two weeks can add elliptical machine work and body weight squats. His opinion is that physio...
  8. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Will be seeing my surgeon next week. The swelling seems to be gone. On nice days, I can walk up to 700m or so before my hip get sore. It can still snow here, so I avoid going outside when it does. I have a Deskcycle and use it daily, 12 minutes at a time. I am also working out my upper body...
  9. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    It’s been 9 days since my THR and my right foot and ankle are swollen as expected. What did you wear on your swollen foot? I getting to be confident take short walks outside. Thanks
  10. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Day 5 Post Opt Still can't really walk without using the walker, and my right leg and feet are swollen. The swelling is expected but is still strange to see and feel. The right leg is still weak but is better than the previous day. Can lift on/off the leg to/from bed. Had my first "workout"...
  11. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Day 4. The ankle and foot swelled up, as expected. Icing right now.
  12. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Thanks. There a lady on Instagram who was back at work in 7 days. I can’t imagine doing that.
  13. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Had the operation on Friday and it’s Monday. So is it day 3? Feeling better. Still can’t walk without a walker. On celebrex and Tylenol now. Hip flexor and quad still weak. Can’t lift the leg well. I get up and walk around with the walker every hour or so. First day off work.
  14. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Had another call from the hospital today, who asked me to ice the leg. I iced it several times today.
  15. T

    THR Re-evaluate life after THR?

    Thanks for your post. The surgeon and the hospital called not long after I posted this morning to check on me. Impressed they called on a Saturday! They say to expect the worst in soreness today and for swelling to build up. Recommend I move around every hour or so, but not to push myself.
Back
Top Bottom