Recent content by thr5/15

  1. T

    Good Hip Starting to Go

    It's been a year in May for my left THR with few problems. When I first was diagnosed with needing a left THR, the Dr said the right hip looked good. Since February I have taken up walking on a daily basis (up to 3-4 miles a day) and have lost 40 lbs. (30 more to go). Anyway, my right hip is...
  2. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    @Sullivand You're absolutely right--it is quite the journey with something new everyday. I am getting impatient at 7 weeks and want independence from my buddy "cane". @sharonsip I think new shoes might have been part of my problem coupled with pt 2 days in a row. After second pt went out...
  3. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    The journey continues (7 weeks) and was wondering if anyone else has experienced calf ache (outside and back of calf) when they began walking without aide? I have been walking more and more without any assistance and concentrate on making sure my gait is natural and without limp, but I have...
  4. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Well sorry to say the tea didn't work. Slept 2 hrs, up from 2 am-4, slept 4-7--ugh! I'm exhausted. Tonight going to go with Tylenol PM and warm milk. The pain behind knee is finally gone. I watched. YouTube video that shows you how to apply pressure behind the knee--it worked! Started...
  5. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Talked to dr today--still wants me sleeping on my back. Isn't worried about blood clot since symptoms aren't there, except for pain. Even then pain is when lying flat so thinks it's muscle related due to a new improved walk. I think it's the standing heel/toe exercises. It almost feels like when...
  6. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Another night and no sleep unless you count 2.5 hrs as enough. Aching behind knee and back of calf is keeping me up. Feels almost like a burning or pulling sensation vs actual aching pain. Think I'll give surgeon a call today.
  7. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    i think my recliner is adding to my problem--hits me med-calf. I agree too that I have to be mindful with my walking. I find myself going back to old gait when I get tired. All in all I'm definitely on the positive side of all of this. Still amazes me everyday when I think how quickly we recover...
  8. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Just hit my 6 week mark and continuing to make steady progress. Don't use the cane very often at home (actually forget where I put it) and venturing out everyday even if it's a quick errand. So stamina has really improved. I continue to be plagued with behind the knee discomfort whenever I lie...
  9. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Could someone please change my title "Tammie's recovery"? Can't figure out how to do this myself. Thank you.
  10. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Haven't posted in a while. I am 5 weeks LTHR and happily continue to make progress. Walking with cane, but now able to walk with no aid (although with a limp). Driving and taking short trips to grocery store or get coffee--just getting out of the house. The ache behind my knee still bothers...
  11. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    I take 1 tramadol before bed and sometimes 1 500 mg Tylenol during night; 1-2 500 mg Tylenol throughout day depending on pain which is usually a zero-1. Ice for 40 min 4 times a day
  12. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    @Josephine Tylenol 500mg during day. Tramadol at night. Not overdoing it anymore with exercise. Try to take short walk everyday. Icing 4-5 times a day.
  13. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Behind knee pain Last two nights I have been woken up with uncomfortable ache behind knee. It feels more like a strain than anything and seems to lessen if I stand up. My concern is a blood clot (23 days out of surgery) or is this result of lying flat to sleep?
  14. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    On day 18 of recovery. Continue to make good progress:flwrysmile:. Taking short walks a little farther everyday, using cane full time and starting to take small steps without aid. No real aches or pains to report from activity, but today leaned slightly to side and felt something weird--didn't...
  15. T

    THR Tammie's Recovery

    Has anyone experienced a persistent dull ache in middle front of thigh and also inside lower portion of thigh? I ice and pain goes away briefly but then returns. Day 11 of anterior lateral. Seems like I am in holding pattern with progress and thigh discomfort just started up yesterday.
Back
Top Bottom