Went to see the OS today and he was not pleased. My ROM is less than 90 degrees. He said if I'm not significantly improved in one month that he wants to do MUA. Then when they went to remove the staples, my wound opened up so they left the rest in. Have to go back in a week.
Sent from my...
Today the therapist walked outside with me. So great to have sun on my face. We also went down and up my basement stairs. I'm so psyched cause my sewing room is in the basement. Going to start doing a little sewing now. Still can't get my knee to 90 degrees. I'm supposed to be discharged from...
I have staples too. Due to get them out in two days. I've had staples before and getting them removed is faster than stitches , they use a staple remover. If you go to hospital youll be sitting there forever.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
The therapist told me I can start using a cane sometimes. My surgery was two weeks ago and I can see the progress I'm making.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I have a question. I'm going to have my follow up appt with the OS next week. I finished the Norco prescription I received from the hospital. I started the Percocet I was given by the OS prior to surgery. Should I ask for another prescription or am I expected to be off narcotics by the time this...
The new therapist showed me how to get in and out of my bed without assistance. My daughter got to sleep all night. This is such a big deal to me because I felt badly about waking her up every morning at 4. My youngest son was taking a turn but most of the time it was my daughter. Just another...
I had my left knee done on July 22nd. I had a bad experience with a physical therapist and my daughter was getting tired of waking up at 4 am to help me to the bathroom. So on that day, I had a good cry. Your words mirror so much how I've felt. But today I got a new therapist and I can see I'm...
The physical therapist came today. She moved my leg and I had sudden pain. She said she thought I was tensing my leg when she was pushing down. After that things got better . She showed me how to get into my bed using a step ladder. I'm going to sleep in my own bed tonight. I need a good night's...
I really messed up yesterday. The visiting nurse said she'd be over between 3-5. I delayed taking my pain meds so I wouldn't be groggy. She called after 6, the GPS sent her to the wrong area. She didnt get to my house until after 7. I sat with my foot on the floor the whole time she was there. I...
I had general with a block. They got me up the next day with an immobilizer and a walker. Didnt hurt at all. I thought walking would be painful but surprisingly wasnt. Taking Norco regularly too.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
As it turns out I couldn't sleep in my bed, it's too high. I slept on the couch and my daughter slept in my bed which worked out. I woke her up at 4 for bathroom trip and pain meds. My daughter recently graduated from nursing school but she got a job offer today. Hopefully she can stay here for...
I'm so glad to be home. My five kids all came over to help. Really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
The surgery went well. The OS said my arthritis was worse than he thought. The thing I thought would hurt the most was weight bearing but with the brace that didnt hurt at all. The thing the hurts is bending my knee and lifting my leg, but I already see improvement. The Lovenox stings a little...
I was scared too. Having my surgery tomorrow. Now I'm looking forward to it because there's a better road ahead.
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.