Recent content by thegoose2

  1. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    LTKR on 29 Jan 2019 RTKR on 27 Feb 2019
  2. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    QUESTION: It has been 3 and 4 months since my TKR surgeries and my quad tendon still really hurts when I sit down or stand up with normal height seats. Is this normal? I have worked on strengthening my quad muscles but so far that hasn’t made a difference. Sooooo frustrating! Please help!
  3. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    Left knee is 4.5 weeks post op and is still swollen and painful in one area. A bit of a bummer, especially as in a few days it becomes my good leg (RTKR on Wed). Trouble getting comfy at night and trouble sleeping as next surgery approaches. Want to get this over and done with but dreading the...
  4. T

    iovera Prior to Knee Surgery

    Had the iovera treatment on Wed. It was slightly painful in one spot but otherwise a nonevent. A little bruising afterwards but no other noticeable reaction. REALLY hoping it makes a difference in pain and swelling and since I did not have it with the left knee I should be able to tell. My...
  5. T

    iovera Prior to Knee Surgery

    @Cementless Did you have this done? I’m with Fondren as well (different surgeon whose skills I really respect) and am scheduled to have iovera on Wed with RTKR the following Wed. (5 weeks after LTKR).
  6. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    @gecko ❤️ Thank you!
  7. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    @gecko Thank you! Intellectually I agree and want to get this over and done with but emotionally I can’t seem to get there! I think I do pain fairly well and definitely am on the quicker side of recovery, but this whole experience is so much MORE than I anticipated. I will be having a nerve...
  8. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    @Jockette Thank you for your reply. Having someone offer support makes such a big difference. I had hoped to get a few more responses that would give me a sense of been there, understand, it’s worth it... But I am grateful for any support!
  9. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    Great progress in terms of movement and strength but have had a few bummer days. Stopped all meds (except blood thinner) and suffered/suffering GI issues. Have gone to Tylenol 4 once at night if I need it, and I do. I have an annoying pain in the LF3 C and D area. Don’t know what it is but...
  10. T

    2019 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    RTKR scheduled for 27 Feb, exactly 5 weeks after the left one was done. This one involves a pre-surgery nerve block so maybe it will be a bit easier than the left one? One can always have hope!
  11. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    Just to let me know who is actually in charge, my knee has been on a rampage all morning. Back to square one. But at least I know square two is out there and I will reach it.
  12. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    One week out and I feel I have finally made some forward movement. Took the compression socks off and showered. Too ridiculous how exhausting it was. Put on knee high compression socks and am much more comfy. Switched to a tramadol/XX Tylenol regimen. Will see if that works for me. Feel like...
  13. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    More pt this morning. Leg remains quite swollen so I went from a flexion of 78 down to 70, but extension is 0. Not sure why I am having so much pain and swelling but my instructions for the afternoon are elevate and ice. This is definitely not for the feint of heart!
  14. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    1. Around 6 2. hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325mg 1 every 6 hours Tramadol 50mg 1 every 6 hours as needed Methocarbam 500mg 1x4 times a day as needed I have taken the hydrocodone faithfully every 6 hours. Overlapped the Tramadol with it 3 times for better pain control. Took the muscle...
  15. T

    TKR Thegoose2 on the go<

    Of course. Thanks for your help.
Back
Top Bottom