Recent content by Thatbpguy

  1. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Hi, everybody. I didn't mean to abandon ship but since my last post life has been chaotic and sad. So I wanted to provide an update at 6 months. I got off to a terrible start with poor ROM and an even poorer physical therapist. My surgeon wanted to do a MUA. Taking the advice of the good...
  2. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Sadly mine led me to say a few naughty words.
  3. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    At 4 weeks??? You're a range of motion super star!!
  4. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    We sound like we have parallel recoveries. So the last 2 days I was able, once or twice, to make a full backwards rotation on the bike. Have you been able to achieve this yet? When I did it was paaaaaaiiiiiinnnnful.
  5. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Hello. Now that I am back to work, it's hard to keep my knee from swelling. But I fight the good fight. Reached, for me, a milestone today. I am 10 weeks post surgery and ROM hit 110. I remain thankful for the advice here for not having the MUA. And even though knee pain when I sleep is...
  6. Thatbpguy

    Revised PKR to TKR bigal1947's Recovery Thread

    This serves as a reminder that no surgery is without its risks. More issues with surgery than the surgeon lets on. And I get it. Wishing you the best for your upcoming surgery.
  7. Thatbpguy

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Many a thread as this serves to keep my head on straight that healing will come. And that we can be productive again. I am really appreciative for this.
  8. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Thank you. Going to read them now.
  9. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    I have spoken with 6 people, about my age, who had a tkr with poor rom at 6-8 weeks. None of their doctors recommended a MUA and their stiff pain subsided at 5 to 6 months and at 1 year all were 120+. So I'm just gonna stay the course.
  10. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Last night, ROM 95. Saw surgeon today and he made a HUGE push for MUA. His points are that at this stage I have a real chance of ending up with a permanent stiff knee and ROM never getting past 100. And by the time I need to do something about it, it will be too late. I have a 2 week window of...
  11. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Yep, I need to knuckle down. I'm going to pass no matter what he wants.
  12. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Well, week 7 and Wednesday I see my ortho and his recommendation for MUA. In the last few weeks I have slowly but surly improved from about 85 to 94. Just using a cane part time, but still a lot of stiffness. I know he's going to push me for it and I just don't want to. Hell, maybe I need it...
  13. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    For sure, my knee is swollen. Not sure how I can elevate it at work. But I can elevate and ice it 2 or 3 times. Any, like you, my 50 minute commute is killer on the knee.
  14. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Thank you for this post. I will not get discouraged if this happens. BTW, it was hell, but made it thru. I work with some really good people and it was nice to be back. Blessings to you, Jockette.
  15. Thatbpguy

    TKR Left TKR 9/23/19 My Journey

    Ok, 5 full weeks in the books. ROM around 90, extension 7. Hopefully this will appease my ortho and we can skip a MUA for now. I meet with him in 2 weeks. Sleep is still 2 to 4 hours per night and under pain. Taking 1 to 1.5 pain pills. Today I return to work. Mostly a sit down job and 5 10 hour...
Back
Top Bottom